1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backup my xbox games

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by hellboi, Apr 1, 2005.

1. hellboi

hellboi Regular member

I'm knew at this and not sure even I read quadratic post so many times. I was wondering if someone can post a picture on stpe by step guide on how to backup xbox games thanks.

2. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

3. hellboi

hellboi Regular member

thanks for your reply pimpdawg this is the only complicated for me (First of all, make sure that you have transferred the game you want from the Xbox to your PC)how should I transfer my game to a pc should I use decrypter 1st in order for me to tranfer games tru my pc?

4. hellboi

hellboi Regular member

one more thing I dont have a big hardrive on my xbox just still have its own original 8g its just modded.

5. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

You must first have your computer and Xbox networked together by either a router or crossover cable. Then, follow this guide, http://www.geocities.com/modchipzone/ftpingproblem.htm

That guide shows you how establish a connection between your PC and Xbox. After connected to your Xbox, just drag the game folder from your Xbox to your PC. It is really simple, but if you need some more help, let me know.

I would highly suggest getting a new hard drive for your Xbox. Get one with atleast a 60GB storage capacity. I have a 200GB Maxtor in mine, and it has around 15 games and over 2,000 roms for my emulators on it and it still has around 150GB of free space left. The average game is around 3-4GB big, and you 8GB hard drive could maybe handle two games max, which kind of sucks...

Also, I don't make it here on afterdawn much anymore, so if you need some more help and you want me to respond quiker, ask your questions on modchipzone's forum page, http://www.geocities.com/modchipzone/