1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backup problems with dirty disk:

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by birdyman, Jan 22, 2004.

1. birdyman

birdyman Member

I'm trying to backup my copy of MOH Rising Sun using my usual method:

FTP files from Xbox to PC
    Create and patch file using ISOCration 3.1
    Burn with Record Now Max

Everything works fine until the game is launched, then a message appears telling me I have a damaged or dirty disk. I've tried Verbatim, Ritek, Datawrite disk but with the same result. Anybody else had this problem.

2. DJGEOJOE

DJGEOJOE Regular member

What DVD reader do you have?

3. birdyman

birdyman Member

NEC ND2500A DVD writer (dual format)
    Samsung drive in my XBox.
    I've made backups of several other games without a hitch.

4. DJGEOJOE

DJGEOJOE Regular member

Try using DVD2XBOX to transfer the files to your HD in the xbox first. Then FTP to the PC from the xbox HD then use craxton with GDFImage.exe selected then burn with record now or Nero 6 ultra. Make sure you use DVD-R as samsung-605 only likes -R discs not +R. Transferring files from a OEM xbox dvd drive directly can cause problems due to DVD speed lag.

5. birdyman

birdyman Member

Thanks for your help on this DJGEOJOE but I'm still having problems. I Installed DVD2XBOX and copied game to HD, tested this works OK. Then FTP'd using FlashFTP. Created the ISO with Craxtion, my version does dot have GDFImage.exe so I selected Ximage. Burnt the disc but still got the same error message. I used DVD2XBOX to browse the DVD and the files were all there but unable to launch xbe file. What am I doing wrong??

6. DJGEOJOE

DJGEOJOE Regular member

Get the GDFImage.exe from here: http://www.x-b-o-x.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=89
    The site is indicating that this is a legal download but I don’t think that is so. Just have to warn you for legal reasons, download at your own risk. Put that GNU GDFImage.exe file in the same directory as craxtion and select GDFImage for ISO creation. If that does not work then your DVD rom can not read the media you are using, try some other type. Hope this helps.

7. birdyman

birdyman Member

Thanks once again.
    Write I've installed GDFImage.exe and set this am my preference. I usually use Record Now Max to burn the backup but I will give Nero a try using the following method.

Select Recorder -> burn image.
    Select the ISO.
    I then get a message saying then entered block size does not correspond to the image length. If I chose to correct this I am offered some settings to change.
    Data Mode 1 or 2, Raw Data.

What should I do with these, or do I choose to ignore them.

Thanks for your persistance.

8. birdyman

birdyman Member

Finally figured the problem out. I was trying to save the newly created ISO to a FAT32 formatted drive. FAT32 does not support files greater than 4GB. Saved the file onto my other drive (NTFS) and bingo everything works fine.

9. lee500

lee500 Member

Hello,

Can any one tell me how to backup my games using the Nero 6. I tried some of the steps from the forums but not working at all. I burn it by first creating the ISO in Nero 6.0 and then burn it to DVD-R because my xbox only reads DVD-Rs. One time it I burned it and I put it in my xbox and it come up with the screen this is a xbox game disc please put it in your xbox to play. Why is it doing this? Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!!

10. birdyman

birdyman Member

I'm not sure how you are creating your iso file using Nero 6? The bst method I've found is:

FTP files from Xbox to PC using FlashFTP
    Create iso and patch file using ISOCration 3.1
    Burn with Record Now Max or Nero

Hope this helps

11. Billyfett

Billyfett Regular member

What bios are you running? I had the same problem. I was running X2 4977, I reflashed my X2 chip using FlashX with X2 4979 and have had ZERO problems with RISING SUN.

12. lee500

lee500 Member

Billyfett can you tell me how to reflash the chip with a new bios for xecuter2.0 lite.

I think I used the older version bios the 4797.

Thanks

Lee

13. Billyfett

Billyfett Regular member

Get FLASHX(not xflash). I will look for it and PM you( it may a day or two ) Try google to find it. I have luck with google. I usually goto a french site. Get X2 4979 or higher. You will need a pc app called xbox bios manager(i think) WIth that app it will help you make the 256k 4979 bios into 1meg. After you make the 1 meg bios, you will FTP that file to your XBOX c: into a folder called bios( if it's not there make it )
    Now, put the FlashX app in your apps folder in your xbox f:. Re-boot your xbox run flashx and flash your bios. This is written under the asumtion that you will understand this. If you neen more help PM.
    GOOD LUCK