1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backup question

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Semps, Sep 22, 2004.

1. Semps

Semps Member

Hey peoples,

I have a tricky one for you all. I can sucessfully backup my xbox games using a few different methods but none of the backups work on my Xbox. However they work fine on my friends Xbox.

I also have another friend who backs up games and they work fine on my Xbox.

I have no idea why my Xbox cant read my backups but reads others even though my backups work on other Xboxes.

2. clarky

clarky Regular member

Good chance that it is incompatable media. eg you have a sammy drive and are using +r media. Or simply the drive will not recognise the brand of media you have purchased.

Some disks simply dont work in the xbox drives. Are the disks that your friend burns (that work in your xbox) the same brand as the ones you burn that work in his xbox?

3. Semps

Semps Member

I have tried Integrity and Laser brand with no luck with games. But the Laser brand works with movies on my Xbox.

My friend burn his on Databank and Ridata brand DVD's.

They are all -r media. Do you think updating my version of EvolutionX will fix the problem as I have an older version

Last edited: Sep 23, 2004
  4. clarky

clarky Regular member

Yeah update your evo x and your current bios at the same time. Never know, it may just work. Oh and I wouldnt be using laser media for my xbox backups, they are pretty nasty.

5. gsanford

gsanford Guest

Clarky for real!! I just bought 100 dvd -r that brand!!

6. Semps

Semps Member

So why can the Xbox read movies that are on the laser and integrity brands but not games.....yet my friends xbox can read the games. We both have the same dvd drive in our xbox (Phillips)

7. clarky

clarky Regular member

no. if it can read the movie it can read the games. Ok another possibility is that you havent patched your .xbe files and your chip / bios is not self patching. Perhaps your friend has a chip / bios that patches the games - hence why they work in his and not yours. Worth a shot anyway.

Maybe give me a step by step of how you do your games from ftp to burning and i see if i can help more.

gsanford they are not terrible just there is a lot better for the same sort of price thats all.

8. Semps

Semps Member

I start by using FlashFxp to copy from the DVD drive to my PC.

I then use GDFImage GUI to create the ISO. I have also tried using Qwix101 to create the ISO. Both seem to work fine. I click on Patch XBE in Qwix101.

I then use Nero to burn the ISO to a DVD.
    Works on friends Xbox but not mine.

I think he has an Aladdin chip. I have an Xecuter2 chip. My bios version says Xctr2 4974

Could you please give me a step by step on how you do it. Maybe I am doing it wrong.

9. simonxdvd

simonxdvd Member

anyone got problem backup?please email to me
    simonxchan@yahoo.com

10. clarky

clarky Regular member

Here is how i normally do it.

turn on xbox with evo x dash
    place game in drive
    connect xbox to my pc with flash fxp
    open d:
    transfer the contents to a folder on my pc
    wait........
    once completed I open craxtion 4 and patch all the .xbe files.
    Then I create the ISO with craxtion
    Iso must be saved to a location which is seperate from the file it is being created from.
    ISO = COMPLETE
    open record now max - close wizard, choose image, choose dao closed, choose mode 2048 dvd
    BURN

or with nero - open nero, choose open, choose all image files, choose your iso, DONT change anything else and burn it.

I also use qwix instead of craxtion but it is a little harder to explain properly.