1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backup sticks at first preview... what to do?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by lwrdrhvn, Nov 4, 2003.

1. lwrdrhvn

lwrdrhvn Member

Well, first i use dvd shrink to get it down to size then i use nero to burn using the udf/iso option... when i play the backup i get through the first preview and it cycles again and again... i cant forward past that even though the burn goes through completely... i try to press menu on the remote and the option is not available... i use comp usa 10 pack media and am running a pioneer 103... any suggestions? i looked around in the messages but found nothing specific to my problem... will keep looking... thanks.

2. yuedana

yuedana Regular member

the backup sticks on the standalone? or on the computer. Have you tried it on your computer? What kind of standalone do you have? You are using dvd-r (I assume since it is a pioneer 103).

Without knowing anything else I would suspect it is the media as I have not heard good things about the compusa media.

3. lwrdrhvn

lwrdrhvn Member

yeah... it sticks in the standalone... i haven't tried on the computer. dvd-r. i read somewhere about using udf only and not udf/iso.. will see what happens... those discs were pretty cheap anyways so experimenting is ok...

although it burns dvd-5 perfectly... just not the dvd-9.

4. lwrdrhvn

lwrdrhvn Member

after checking the burn on my computer the movie actually plays, and well. So it is probably my stand alone dvd players... I have an apex ad 1110w(yes i know, cheap. I got it when i bought my car) and i also have a progressive scan RCA i think... i will check... oh well... i will have to look at that guide of compatible media for each player... thanks