1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backups show up as videos instead of games

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by lemurone, Dec 12, 2004.

1. lemurone

lemurone Member

When I try to back up a game with DVDtoXbox, it sometimes shows up as a 15MB video file, and when I browse to the Game in the file browser, there is just the starting animation as a VIDEI_TS file. If I eject the game and put it back in while still at the browse screen about 5 times, It will sometimes show up.

I'm using a 2.3b Lite+, a 60GB HD, Slayers, and DVD to Xbox.

2. Wayne_T

Wayne_T Regular member

for some reason the game is being read as DVD because xbox games are party able to be read in a computer........its a short movie that says "this is an xbox game disc please insert into the xbox console" or something. and becase of that reason the program dvd to xbox sometimes mistakes it as a dvd so my advice is to use a differnt program to copy it. (a program that only copies games not dvd as well)

3. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

But DVD2XBOX is designed to for reading Xbox drives, so why would it read like a pc drive?

Try getting the updated version of DVD2XBOX and try again.

4. Wayne_T

Wayne_T Regular member

you must of mistaken what i was trying to say....... what i was trying to say is that the program dvd2xbox is not just for ripping games as it also rips dvd movies as well. so as i said the program has taken the game as a dvd for some unknown reason and ripped it as a dvd (because it is partly a dvd in fact).i should of explained myself better.
    so try an older or newer version or try something like px-hdd loader.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2004