1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bad copies......

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by paul5619, Nov 13, 2004.

1. paul5619

paul5619 Member

im still having a few problems making copy films on dvd can anyone help................
    when i play a copied film which has been done on a friends pc it plays perfect,but if i make a copy of the same film on my pc when i play it back it sticks and jumps every now and again.
    ive tried all the usual things like reducing burn speed and trying different media (branded g04).
    thought it could be a problem with my dvd player,but the original copy plays perfect ( same media).
    could this be a problem with my dvd burner?
    its fairly new but do they require cleaning?
    any help appreciated.
    thanx in advance.

2. mccmd

mccmd Member

I am having the same problem see my post 11/13 @ 11pm. Does the freeze/skip happen towards the end of the copy playback? How full are the disks?

3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi there Paul5619, welcome to aD,

It sounds like a media problem. Though you've tried G04's give something else a try. Adjusting your speed is good but let's also to try adjusting your disc size from default to, say 4300MB thus keeping your burn away from the outside edges of your disc. I'm thinking the dye may be a bit uneven toward the disc's outside edge therefore causing your problem.

I call it "Magic Cleaning" that cleaning of a clean disc BUT it has been known to work - give it a try -

Check the information about discs on this post - http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/125706

Cheers,

Pete

4. paul5619

paul5619 Member

thanx pete ill give it a go.

5. paul5619

paul5619 Member

pete another question if i may.
    have just downloaded dvd identifier as you sugested.
    i had some printable media at the back of a cupboard that when copied to wouldnt play on my dvd player.
    as these were brought at a computer fair and i hadnt a clue who had made them i wrote them off as bad discs.
    after running on dvd identifier it turns out they are taiyo yuden..id go2.
    any ideas why these dont work as everyone raves on about this media?

6. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Yes Paul, TY's are excellent BUT we're looking for G04's NOT G02 dye -

There are some Verbatim discs we don't care for either, they are called "Amaray" discs and they are made by CMC. I know it seems a bit confusing BUT it's the smoke and mirrors the media Mfgrs use - we try to see through it the best we can :)

You'll get the hang soon enough - You've already come some since we've gotten you hooked up with that DVD Identifier -

Cheers,

Pete