1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bad disc or bad burning?

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by bufalo, Sep 21, 2007.

1. bufalo

bufalo Member

I exported to avi (from avi original) using premiere 6.5, then used tmpgenc to make them mpeg-2's, the used tmpgenc dvd author pro to author and finally nero to burn.

when I watch the video using my dvd player on the tv, I sometimes get mini boxes that show up on screen, sometimes in one area, sometimes in another. does this sound like a burning problem or is the dvd disc itself not good? disc is LG.
    any suggs to how to check this?

thanks!

2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

LG isn't known for making the best discs, but it could be your process as well. You can put the avi files straight into DVD Flick to convert and burn all in one go.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/552742

Try it out as a free program and see if it cures your problem...if not it may be a media issue.

3. bufalo

bufalo Member

Thanks! I'm already authored and viewing those files on my pc, they look OK. I tried burning again last night but for the second time bought some new TDK dvds that don't work on my PC at all. Have to wait for the store to open up.

4. LOCOENG

I don't recommend anything but Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden. Some people can use the brands you list, but the results can be spotty and cause people to pull their hair out.

EDIT: Check your manufacturers website for a firmware update to your burner.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2007
  5. bufalo

bufalo Member

Thanks for responding, I didn't sooner because of the whole hairpulling thing you mentioned, working a lot on this. Turned out that the LG's don't seem to read well in my player connected to my TV, they have none of the problems on my laptop nor in other players. I burned with Smartbuy DVD's and they work OK.

But one question: The LGs have the same problem in playback always in the same places, so does that mean that it also wasn't burned right? and that my player has a problem in those spots?

But here's now another question and I think I know the answer: Let's say I save the LG's as a backup to my original and make a Nero copy of the LG's at a later date using good DVDs. They should burn Ok with no problems, correct?

I hope this makes sense....

6. LOCOENG

If you can rip and burn them, they should be just fine on different media.