1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bad DLL attacking

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by Bixxel, Jul 15, 2007.

1. Bixxel

Bixxel Member

There is an enemy by the name msacmx.dll in my computer. No spyware or malware programs can take it away. Not Avast either. I have found couple of advices in internet how to remove this object but I don't understand them at all. My home language is finnish. It's difficult for me to follow explaining in english. Is there anybody who can explain me in a simple and understandable way how to remove this dll away from my computer. Thank you for help.

2. Krazymale

Krazymale Regular member

Simply look for msacmx.dll in C:\WINDOWS\System32 folder & delete it.

3. windmaker

windmaker Member

Its CWS AVG Anti spyware should get rid of it
    Download AVG Anti-Spyware from HERE and save that file to your desktop.
    This is a 30 day trial of the program
    1. Once you have downloaded AVG Anti-Spyware, locate the icon on the desktop and double-click it to launch the set up program.
    2. Once the setup is complete you will need run AVG Anti-Spyware and update the definition files.
    3. On the main screen select the icon "Update" then select the "Update now" link.
      • Next select the "Start Update" button, the update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed.
    4. Once the update has completed select the "Scanner" icon at the top of the screen, then select the "Settings" tab.
    5. Once in the Settings screen click on "Recommended actions" and then select "Quarantine".
    6. Under "Reports"
      • Select "Automatically generate report after every scan"
      • Un-Select "Only if threats were found"
    Close AVG Anti-Spyware, Do Not run a scan just yet, we will shortly.
    1. Reboot your computer into SafeMode. You can do this by restarting your computer and continually tapping the F8 key until a menu appears. Use your up arrow key to highlight SafeMode then hit enter.
      IMPORTANT: Do not open any other windows or programs while AVG Anti-Spyware is scanning, it may interfere with the scanning proccess:
    2. Lauch AVG Anti-Spyware by double-clicking the icon on your desktop.
    3. Select the "Scanner" icon at the top and then the "Scan" tab then click on "Complete System Scan".
    4. AVG Anti-Spyware will now begin the scanning process, be patient this may take a little time.
      Once the scan is complete do the following:
    5. If you have any infections you will prompted, then select "Apply all actions"
    6. Next select the "Reports" icon at the top.
    7. Select the "Save report as" button in the lower left hand of the screen and save it to a text file on your system (make sure to remember where you saved that file, this is important).
    8. Close AVG Anti-Spyware and reboot your system back into Normal Mode and post the results of the AVG Anti-Spyware report scan.

4. Bixxel

Bixxel Member

Hy and thanks! I have tried AVG but it didn't help. Then I tried Advanced WindowsCare and it found them and here is the log it made:

msacmx.dll - CoolWebSearch, http://cwshredder.net/cwshredder/cwschronicles.html parasite variant
    Infection key: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{A5366673-E8CA-11D3-9CD9-0090271D075B}

msacmx.dll - CoolWebSearch, http://cwshredder.net/cwshredder/cwschronicles.html parasite variant
    Infection key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\CLSID+{A5366673-E8CA-11D3-9CD9-0090271D075B}

5. bluecoal

bluecoal Guest

http://us.trendmicro.com/us/products/personal/CWShredder/

Here is a link for a tool to remove coolwebsearch. If that does not work, you can go to the finnish side of the forums. There is a forum like this in Finnish. (click the Home tab and then look all the way down at the bottom for International links and you will see the Finnish afterdawn.)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2007
  6. Bixxel

Bixxel Member

Thank you friend. I have tried that tool, no help, and I'm now working with this problem at that finnish page. Thanks!

7. bluecoal

bluecoal Guest