1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bad error on c650 help

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by saac, Mar 10, 2005.

1. saac

saac Member

hi, i have just deleted the locked sonds on my c650 and stupidly, not backed it up.
    One of the sounds i deleted was set as a ring tone for voice mail or something. Now when i go to open the "vibe & Ring Detail" to set a tone to a certain incoming call or message it just pauses for a sec then jumps back to the "ring styles" menu!!! so i can changes my message tones or anythiung. Only i can change in the incoming call tone with "apply as"

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    email: saac_dogg@hotmail.com

2. Wizardtom

Wizardtom Member

This meathod usually works unless you deleted Continental, Siren, Classic, or Attention. Then it may or may not work.

If you are able to get into P2kMan go into sounds and delete the databases that set your ringtones.

/a/mobile/audio/MyToneDB.db
    /a/mobile/audio/TempToneDB.db

Reset the phone and they will be recreated, allowing you back into the menu's.

I did the same thing a while back and it was a little scary lol.

If that P2kman meathod doesn't work there is another meathod involving PST Phone Programmer. Choose New Feature File=>read from phone, and set all settings to 0 and off => write to phone. Then Reboot, and run p2kman - delete the two .db files listed above => reboot.

Tomas

3. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

well done Wizardtom :D

4. saac

saac Member

yeah i did delete those sounds u mentioned, but i tried anyway and it didn't work... maybe if i could replace the tones from somewhere, or if i at least put a sond on there with the same name, so the phone thinks it's there??
    im goin to try the seconds suggestion now thx heaps anyway

5. saac

saac Member

thx heaps. the pst programmer worked so im pretty happy.thx again