1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bad images copies....pls help

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jhebi, Jan 16, 2005.

1. jhebi

jhebi Member

I am new on this, just bought a dvd burner and tried to make some dvd's. I first shrink the movies at dvd shrink and than i directly copy through dvd decrypter and after i play the new dvd at any dvd player, it gives me bad images or sometimes it get stuck on a part where it just get stuck. The bad images seem to be like when u have problem with ur dish and the images are all broken up.

Is there any other way to make dvds cleaner without those broken images.....

And I am also using fujifilm dvd-r.

Can someone help me since i m new on this.

thank you

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Try Changing Media or Re-author with Shrink and just copy the Movie. Less compression that way.

3. jhebi

jhebi Member

i did.....i just copied the main movie, but still gives me the broken images....

any other way

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

What speed you burning at? Slow down the speed to 4x or lower if your burrning over 4x. If that dosent work then try new media. There is alot of information out there on what media is good and bad.

Go to this thread for more info:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/136816

5. jhebi

jhebi Member

ok..let me try to change the speed and see if works

tks a lot for the help larry.....

6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Also if your using DVDShrink custom size your DVD so instead of burning a DVD5 in the final size setting you change it to 4300 so you stay away from the edges of the disc. where the Dye might not be as good towrds the edges.

How to change size.

Open up DVDShrink/Edit/Prefrences and then in the target DVD size area click on the pull down menu and click on Custom then in the window provided next to it type in 4300 then click ok to save that setting.

7. jhebi

jhebi Member

tks a lot....

one more thing....if the movies is bigger than 4.3, how do i copie the first part and than the second part. some movies the main part is like 7.5. how can i break that in 2 to copy both parts

8. larrylje

larrylje Active member

If your using DVDShrink it compresses it so it will fit to a DVD5 disc or 4300mgs as what is set in Custom option. If you want to split the movie in 2 then you need to search on how to do that. I only compress the movie most of time you dont even have to do that and let DVDshrink compress and then burm after it compresses it.

9. larrylje

larrylje Active member

To Explain more if you do a full back up DVDShrink will compress all files Menus, Movie Extras. Somtimes the compression on that can get so low the quility of the DVD is just not good enough. You can edit out subpictures. audio streams you dont want, still picture extras you dont want to bring up the quility of the movie and still have working menus.

Re-authoring a movie in DVDShrink you can just pull the main movie file and do the movie which there will be none or hardly any compression to the movie which will give you a better quility backup.