1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bad Luck

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by forcheck, Mar 3, 2007.

1. forcheck

forcheck Guest

Boy, talk about bad luck. The same day that I posted a question in here about my TV the sucking thing broke. Only two months and the Lamp assembly went bad. To top it off it had to happen on a Saturday with the repair center closed. Best Buy would not do anything to help.

2. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

Ouch, man i'm sorry to hear about that. What type of televison do you have?? I know it's still under warranty but that really blows man, i hope you get the problem solved without any headaches from Best Buy...

3. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@forcheck

You bought at BestBuy and they wouldn't help at all it being under warranty? I would ask for a replacement set and not a fix.

4. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@forcheck....is it JUST the lamp? If so, that's a pretty common problem because of all the bumping about from the manufacturer to the retailer. If its just the lamp, Best buy will replace it. If its more than just the lamp, I agree with garmoon....raise bloody hell about getting it replaced rather than repaired.

5. eiffel65

eiffel65 Regular member

Man, that's terrible. Best Buy ain't worth it. They have good stuff...but their fixing program sucks. Try Fry's if you buy a new tv.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2007
  6. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I love frys, but not too many people have the good fortune to live near a store. I just wouldn't chance buying an expensive HDTV online. But looks like BestBuy's not that great either.