1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bad modchip flash, possible to reflash?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by TehUltra, Dec 13, 2009.

1. TehUltra

TehUltra Member

I currently have an Xecuter 2.6 CE (it might have been light CE), which in my stupidity accidentally incorrectly flashed, now when it is enabled, it just reboots about 3 times, then FRAGs. Is there a possibility of fixing this by reflashing the chip's memory banks, with the Xecuter programmer, and will the programmer work on the 2.6ce lite?

Thanks in advance.

2. scum101

scum101 Guest

Programmer should work just fine .. does the other bank not still boot? .. you can boot from that bank then switch banks after it loads and flash from a bios cd .. I leave them with bank2 running the flash utility.

FRAG is interesting.. does the box start normally with the chip disabled?

3. TehUltra

TehUltra Member

The other bank also got for some reason written, now with the modchip on, on either of the banks it tries to boot 3 times then frags. With the chip disabled, it boots fine, but gives me an error cause my HD is not locked at the moment which leads me to another question. Can you get the hd locking key from the c drive of the xbox hd? (I have the c drive backed up in E:/backup on the xbox's drive)

Also, will the programmer work with the 2.6ce lite?

Oh and also, when I was trying to flash it with the flasher prebundled on the x2.6, network flashing didn't actually flash the chip for some reason, as it just booted back up into the flasher. Might it have flashed the xbox's chip?

Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
  4. scum101

scum101 Guest

Don't worry.. you can't flash the xbox tsop without actually physically connecting points on the motherboard..

There is a flash enable switch on some versions of the 2.6 which set to write enable will allow the programmer to write to it. Some are wired in the wrong sense.. which is fun. Look for a 512 bios and flash bank 2 ..

5. TehUltra

TehUltra Member

So the programmer can erase the chip and reflash it? thanks.