1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bad quality after using WinAVI.

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by sxypoika, Jan 14, 2005.

1. sxypoika

sxypoika Member

Hey guys and gals I hope someone can actually help me! I am using WinAVI Video Converter to encode,author, and burn some AVIs and MPEGs. It works fine and everything except when I put it in my DVD player the picture gets messed up. There is like black spots that will appear in the film and also along the edges and sometimes big chunks of the picture cut out and turn black. I am not sure if it is the settings that I am using after I click the "advanced" button before encoding. Does anyone have any ideas on what settings I should use to make this better...or has anyone had an problems with WinAVI like this? what is this TMCGenc? Is this a good program I have it..but I am not really sure on how it works...if someone could give me a link to a good and through tutorial of it or of WinAVI I would really appreciate it! I had DVDSanta but that never worked, the DVDs would freeze halfway through. If you have any questions to ask me to better assist me go ahead I really would like the help! Thanks a lot!

2. sxypoika

sxypoika Member

I forgot to mention that if I use my computer's default DVD player PowerDVD it works fine and has no glitches in the picture...?