1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bad quality TMD movies

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by Donuts, Jul 23, 2003.

1. Donuts

Donuts Guest

Last year i downloaded some TMD movies off KaZaA, they were of very bad quality with lots of block noise, i thought the making them into VCDs and playing them on my TV(supposedly has a lower resolution than is possible on mdern PCs) and they were still crap.

After reading the thread about The Tuxedo and the wrong codecs today, wondered wether i had the wrong codecs. Did I? Or do TMD just suck?

I had the latest DIVX and the lasest TMD codec at the time, which seemed to be almost the same thing. I didn't have the nimo codec pack.

2. ct2844

ct2844 Guest

TMD movies suck plain and simple. The reason is that someone just takes a camera into the theater and records the movies that's why you hear laughter at the funny movies. They also tend to move the camera alot too.

3. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

If i am not totally mistaken, TMD doesnt actually do the pirating, rather they just re-encode their movies -- poor reencodes but reencoding nontheless. :)

4. Donuts

Donuts Guest

In that case, pirates them?

5. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

tmd get real releases of movies and re-encode them!

6. Donuts

Donuts Guest

7. Dela

I wouldnt even laugh about it because some people dont care about the quality of their movies, just how fast they can get them downloaded!

8. Donuts

Donuts Guest

But surely, most people would care when they have so much block noise they can't see what's going?

9. Dela

Thats the thing, some people couldnt care less lol!

10. Donuts

Donuts Guest

Once again, haha:)

This time at the people who couldn't care less

11. Dela

And of course there are those ppl who think tmd are the ones who get the movies! lol

12. Donuts

Donuts Guest

Other groups like CMC SMR AM TR... etc

Do they do the same thing?

And what do words like "Centropy" mean?

13. Dela

Most of the groups you named there are re-encoders! However, Centropy are a release group and usually release Telesync, and very high quality telesync copies! if u want to know the groups then look at vcdquality, http://www.vcdquality.com

14. Donuts

Donuts Guest

Thanks

15. Dela

No Problem!

16. SOSOLIDX

SOSOLIDX Guest

How can u sit there and complain about quality lmfao. First of did u pay tmd or any other peoples ? no course you didnt. If it bothers you that much why dont you make freinds with some one in the know or become a projector worker lol. End of the day the technology in real terms still isnt quite upto the job of making dvd quality movies a functional way of p2p networking. Tmd'd goal no doubt is to allow flexible file movement could you imagine if all tmd films were 950 mb divx high quality rips. Another point to kazaa wont have to worry about the courts shutting it down because dick heads are doing it right now renaming The chipmunks to The hulk wdf these are obviously people who like them yahoo booting tools who cant do noubt else better like download the divx pro 5.5 encoder install it to iuvcr (tv capture device program)get the latest cam rip or what ever and capture it to any quality lmfao. The films i get i keep for my self and people at work why share with ungreatful people like your selfs also lets see it here gimme a yay for better quality or a nay for quicker downloads. LATERZ.

17. Dela

wait a sec now

tmd do not do any of those themselves, the work is done by the real people who should get respect for it, - the release groups. TCF, Centropy, Esoteric, TCS, VideoCD, Replica, NOX, TGF etc etc and the list just continues on and on! tmd re-encode the releases these groups make.

Generally releases are made in cd images of VCD, SVCD! Of course there are divx groups too for dvd rips etc etc!!

So what people are doing is relying on tmd quality because they dont know that they are re-encodes that they are downloading. Now for a 56k user, obviously tmd would be the best option but for those with cable connections, its time to learn hpow the scene really works!

18. SOSOLIDX

SOSOLIDX Guest

DELA I THINK THE POINT WAS MADE LAST YEAR ABOUT WHO DOES WHAT YOU AINT MADE ANY REMARKS HERE NOT ALREADY MENTIONED GET WITH IT PLEASE.

19. SOSOLIDX

SOSOLIDX Guest

http://www.dvdrhelp.com YOU MAY KNOW THIS SITE ALREADY IF YOU DONT WELL ? ITS BY FAR THE BEST SITE FOR VIDEO CAPTURE AND THE DVD RIPPIN AND WHAT HAVE YOU ANY PROBS WITH ANY VIDEO RELEATED TASK I MAY BE ABLE TO HELP GET ME ON AIM AT UKIAMDAUKUK. I WOULD LOVE TO HELP. ONE THING MOST DONT KNOW IS THAT A 30 POUND CAPTURE TV CARD CAN RECORD IN DVD QUALITY IT JUST REQUIRES THE RIGHT SOFTWARE UNDER XP. I ALSO KNOW A BIT ABOUT GAME COPYING INFACT ANYTHING YOU SHOULD NOT BE DOING I HAVE ME FINGER IN LOL ANY ONE WITH SUM GOOD TOOLS IM ME UKIAMDAUKUK. REAL PLAYER RIPPER WINDOWS MEDIA STREAMING RIPPER DOES ANY ONE WANT THIS CUS I KNOW A LOT OF PEOPLE WHO PAYED FOR THIS LMFAO.

20. Dela

dvdrhelp.com rules man :) its like a gold mine for anyone!

And my comments on tmd are just basically saying there is better :)