1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bad rips with matrix

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by grrscott, Dec 2, 2003.

1. grrscott

grrscott Member

I don't know what I am doing wrong, but I can't get a rip that doesnt have glitches in it (either skips and stutters, or a timer that goes 5x real time). I have tried to rip the movie (basic widescreen) multiple times with both DVD shrink and Dvd decrypter and I even tried two different copies of the movie, but nothing would fix the glitches. If someone could lend me a hand, that would be great.

2. Yuriv

Yuriv Regular member

I would suggest that you try a different brand of media. Often cheap media will cause stutters and skips.

3. grrscott

grrscott Member

sorry, I didn't specify, this all happens ripping the image onto the hard drive, and before I even think about burning it.

4. Yuriv

Yuriv Regular member

Try burning a copy to DVD-RW and testing ti in your standalone. A lot of factors can affect your computer's performance (for instance, have you defragged your HD lately), meaning that the files could be fine but the playback is overtaxing your system resources.
    Good luck....

5. malum

malum Regular member

Did you see a black cat just before the glitch?