1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bad Sector Question

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Fronzi, Sep 15, 2004.

1. Fronzi

Fronzi Member

I was installing a burned copy of a game and when I got to the second cd it had an error copying some of the sound files. Anyway I scanned the image with cdmage and did not get any errors however cloneXXY gave the message "bad sectors at 90579". It did not give any named copyprotection however this might in fact be due to some sort of protection. I originally burned the game on a fairly old burner (5 yrs) which most definately is not a two burner however I do a Plextor PX-708UF (same as A I believe just external). Any thoughts if this is a protection problem or is there problems with the image that need to be dealt with first. Thanks for the help.

2. IAIHMB

IAIHMB Member

Are you using a CD in a DVD-ROM? I get a similar error when trying to install my CD version of Far Cry in my DVD-ROM.

3. Fronzi

Fronzi Member

Actually I was trying to install the game from the cd burning drive and the bad sector error originates from a scan of the image.