1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bad syncword

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Braenwyn, Mar 3, 2002.

1. Braenwyn

Braenwyn Member

Hey guys, anybody know what to do with this scenario ?

I have this AVI-file, MPEG4-DivX, with DOLBY DIGITAL (5.1) sound track.
    Now to put this on to a VCD, I need to extract the sound, and convert it to stereo.

Step 1: Load the avi into VirtualDub and save the sound track to a file using the Save-to-wav option. But I don't enter .wav as extention, but .AC3
    This results in a .AC3 file which is perfectly readable in mediaplayer for instance, or the Soundblaster player.

Step 2: Convert the .AC3 file to .WAV (and optionally downsample from 48000 to 41000 hz)
    So I load it into Headache, and start to convert. After a short while it tells me it found a bad Syncword, that the AC3 stream is corrupted and the process is aborted.

Alternate Step2: Convert the AC3 file using BeSweet. After selecting the appropriate files in the BeSweet GUI I hit the convert button, and no matter what I do, the BeSweet executable crashes with a "General Protection Failure" - Illegal pagefault or something in the module <unknown>

So, what next to try ? I ambout to give up.

Anyone have any suggestions ?
    Thanks,

Braenwyn

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Sounds like the file is corrupted -- either it was originally corrupted or somehow Dub corrupted it. But as VDub very rarely has serious bugs that aren't listed in docs, it's likely that your original file is broken.