1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bad virus

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Mahogany, Feb 15, 2005.

1. Mahogany

Mahogany Guest

I have a virus or hacker that say badurl.grandstreetinteractive.com I can't get into internet xplorer i tried to go online but this url won't let does anyone know how could i get this off my system i've tried every virus removal tool norton's mcafee spybot adaware nothing works please help

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

try running those programs in safe mode but delete all cookies, temp & temporary internet files. also check your msconfig/startup to see what is not to be there

3. ddp

try running those programs in safe mode but delete all cookies, temp & temporary internet files. also check your msconfig/startup to see what is not to be there check this link http://www.faqfarm.com/Computer/Virus/46739

4. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

If you also could download this program, filemon.exe which will tell you what is running in the background on your PC, even if your task manager shows nothing. This to could help you at least pinpoint the exact location of what is causing you grief.

http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/source/filemon.shtml

5. Mahogany

Mahogany Guest

thank you all very much I will try these things

6. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

And please don't forget to let us know the results since that's part of what this is all about.

Thanks

7. Mahogany

Mahogany Guest

Unfortunately none of this worked I even tried to put the restore disk back in to upload internet explorer it keep giving me an error message, what else can i do than to wipe hd clean do anyone have anymore suggestions thanx to all

8. ddp

download & run this cwshredder, also try ccleaner from ccleaner.com to clean the crap off windows

9. Mahogany

Mahogany Guest

thanks to you all I took your advice and also used mine another day unplug your cable/dsl first then this is what I did I used all the antivirus programs at the sametime I let them run continually when one got finished I started the other again. Eliminate everything that comes up that says at risk do this manually then I went to the search bar and typed in the viruses name that came up and it found what folder it was attached to then I went to my C:drive and started eliminating but first you have to delete all music dl sites. keep doing this running the virus scans about 2 or 3 times it works the best one was Ad-aware 6.0 and nortons. In your C: in programs you will see these folders mine was a banner ad folder with wuptg.exe, prouskie, Bargains Search engine folder they were all stored there the folder will keep showing up and shows an error message saying that you can't delete because some other file is using it just run adaware again until you can delete the folder it works it took me 3 hours to eliminate all the files. then shut down your system when you feel that you got the germs plug your modem back in and try to connect if no success only unplug modem for 5 seconds then plug back go to control in internet options connect follw screen to reconnect your system so that the box can pick up your IP Address if don't work keep doing it I had to 2 times. Good Luck then dl zone alarm thank you all it was a long week but I succeeded.

10. ddp

download ad-aware se, update it & run it. other than that good luck & teach & learn