1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Badly botched mod job on xbox 1.6a

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by Kafluke, Apr 28, 2007.

1. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

I've done dozens of these boxes and I just bought a busted on off ebay. It looks like a botched attempt to mod. I don't know what chip was used in the attempt but there was a plastic piece jiggling loosely inside that fits right over the Xyclops chip perfectly and several holes for what looks like wires. I usually use xecuter 2.6 ce or xectuer 3. This time I'm using 2.6 ce. If you are looking at the LPC rebuild kit (Purple with the team xecuter logo on it) and you have it positioned so that the Xecuter logo is right side up and the word D0 is right side up, and the two rows of the LPC debug run horozontially from left to right lengthwise, there is that point on the upper most top right corner that quicksolders to the mobo. The solder point on the mobo is gone. I've tried using a conductive pen to draw the two traces together and then make a little bridge to the LPC rebuild kit solder point and that didn't work. I also tried running a wire from the LPC rebuild kit solder point to another solder point just a bit further down the trace with no success. Is there any other solder points for this on the 1.6??

2. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

ok, upon previous investigation it looks as though the metal that is actually inside the LPC holes is burned out of some of them. This is a real hack job. So the question at this point is how to I install a Xecuter 2.6 ce into a 1.6a xbox without using the LPC holes?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2007
  3. janrocks

janrocks Guest

I think you are in for a very hard time.

There are alt points for most of the lpc points, You will need to ensure that any connections which pass through those points are also connected.. Lots of searching for pics, and track tracing.. But if the via that the long tail end of the rebuild pcb connects to is missing then that's it. Bricked. The other end of that trace is under a chip on the other side of the board.

I'd need some good clear pics of the damage to advise further.

4. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

i don't have a camera that is good enough to take any real quality pics so I'm going to post this one I found on the web and a little diagram I created in Paint.

In this pic its the point marked "LAD2" that I can't solder

[​IMG]

In this pic this is how the mobo looks. Where I have the red arrows is the solder point that is missing. I can connect the two exposed wires easy enough but I don't know if that will work.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 28, 2007
  5. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

nothin huh?