1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

baffled!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by revup, Dec 6, 2004.

1. revup

revup Member

Hi all, being a newbie at this i'm hoping some of you nice people can help me(am trying my hardest here!)
    I have recently purchased a new computer (dell), and have been attempting to copy some of my home dvd's,all have been successful mind you but is taking longer than it should. i am copying onto ritek 'arita'dvd+r disks(8x) and it is taking around 15 minutes to burn. when burn is in progress the used read buffer falls to 49% and stays there,am sure there is an explanation but it's got me stumped!! am using nero 6.6. many thanks,jake.

2. darkcast

darkcast Member

hi im also a noob but maybe i can help

the soft your using is nero right maybe the dvd your trying to copi have a protection that nero can pass over it. try using DVD Decrypter and Clone DVD both new versions. i hope this helps.

3. revup

revup Member

will try,thanks,have loaded up decrypter and given it a try but disk didnt burn unfortunately,have been sitting here for hours trying to work it out,lol.disks are burning but not at speed they should be,am i impatient!! have read and learnt quite a lot on here already but i guess it's going to be a learning curve..

4. 222333444

222333444 Member

15 minutes is not a very long time to burn a DVD at all. It takes me 15 minutes when on high speed low quality. High quality takes 1 hour not including The Decrypter.

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

revup,
    What speed are your disk's burning at?
    I would recommend you burn your movies at x4 anyway. You will have less problems with picture quality anyway, and 15 min is average for x4 speed.

[​IMG]

6. revup

revup Member

i know always wanting something quicker,lol think it's because it's new computer and have waited looong time to try these programmes out,had mate round tonight who i thought knew lots about computers but he is stumped too .

7. revup

revup Member

ok,i started off with dvd-r's at 8 times and it was taking around 15 -20 mins and changed to +R'S for home player,then went and tried it said they were capable to burn at 12x,quicker i agree but not so much,how is it that burning at 4x takes same time as my 8x?