1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bandwidth Leecher

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by Flerick, Sep 1, 2007.

1. Flerick

Flerick Member

Hi, I own a Windows PC and for the past 2 months it has acted really slow when I log in to my profile. Partly because there are a few programs that start up with log in, but internet sometimes bogs down to the point of IE7 closing everything down.

I have gotten used to this however, and use FireFox if I need the windows to stay open indefinetly.

Last night, however, I was surfing the net, and all of a sudden, my internet IE7 windows froze up again. It was a complete "freeze" of my IE windows for about 2-3 minutes (and in this period of time I did not click so that the issue would resolve quicker).

So, after the windows started working pretty well again, I was clicking around (not downloading anything), and out of the blue, this IE7 warning "Attention" box pops up, and I swear to God it said, "sorry Dude too many bandwidth leechers out there ;(".

This shocked me, as it was extremely unprofessional for a IE7 warning, and it was obvious someone had programmed it to look/function like an IE7 warning.

I've searched google a little for info into this but nothing has turned up.

Can anyone help me resolve this weird pop up that happened. It didn't happen again... yet. However, I think there is either some bandwidth leecher (lack of fast internet surfing I've been experiencing)... or a hacker.. :(

Please, please someone help me. Heheh

I've come here before a long time ago, and my pc problem was resolved, so tell me what you think of this.

Thanks mucho,

Flerick

2. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

To get a message could only be a hack. Maybe you can contact your isp and get mac numbers that are accessing your ip address. I'm not sure though. Thats a crazy problem. Why do people feel the need to screw up someone elses stuff.

3. Flerick

Flerick Member

Ye, but then I was thinking, and sometimes people can program the HTML for their websites to send up little messages. Usually I've seen them say for example, "Welcome to my site!".

And I think it is with the IE7 notice box.

So, maybe, just maybe, I clicked some like and went to some site, that didn't fully load, and the website owner of that site had programmed his HTML to say that because his site was being leeched.

I just can't imagine that someone would climb over our wall and hook up to our cable. Especially when there are easier ports to steal from.

Do you guys know what I mean with the unique messages that web programmers can put into their HTML that pop up as you enter their web pages?

I'm pretty sure about that...

Thanks,

Flerick

4. loood

loood Regular member

that could have been a hack. but its possible that an action was attached on that page in such case. i have some experience in web design
    but im not absolutely sure. maybe you should try instaling few more firewalls. they try to hack my computer a all the time. you would be amazed

5. Flerick

Flerick Member

hmm.. it hasn't happened again since that... so I'm not worrying anymore. lol thanks for feedback AD community!