1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Basic TV Channel conversion to HD?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Ardee, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Ardee

Ardee Member

Quick question. I havent seen anything on it anywhere, but sometimes it never hurts to ask. As most of you know there are dvd playres that convert your regular dvds to HD. Is there any piece of equipment that will do the same for just regular old basic TV channels? Just curiousity. Thanks

2. error5

error5 Regular member

You need a high definition video processor like one of the DVDO IScan line of products. These can convert standard definition 480i to high def 720p or 1080i/p.

http://www.dvdo.com/pro/pro_isvp20.php

3. Ardee

Ardee Member

Thats good to know. The only thing that isnt good to know is the price wow thats crazy!! I think I could handle like Dish or Direct HD line up, but after a year of service I probably could have payed for one of these. Does anyone out there have one and would like to comment on it? Thanks

4. candycab

candycab Member

This may not be of any real help here, but most DLP chipsets will automatically upscale any any incoming VGA and or S-Video signals to a minimum of 480P so you may want to look into DLP TVs or Projectors and see whats out there in this respect ?

I use a VGA box made bye Aver Media with a DLP Projector [ my Infocus X1a Projector doesnt support S-Video upscaling, the X1 does ] with fantastic results.

Just an idea ; )