1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Basic video editing software

Discussion in 'Blu-ray' started by cg24a3, Oct 3, 2013.

1. cg24a3

cg24a3 Newbie

I am looking for the best basic video editing software. Something which can use AVCHD videos made by my camcorder. It should have following capabilities:

- Timeline for stitching videos (like premiere)
    - Separate Timeline for audio so I can add music
    - Few very simple fading in and out effects (not important so much)
    - MOST important: rendering output must be using CUDA or OpenCL so GFX is rendering and not CPU
    - Also important if possible it should output directly to Blu-Ray image or folder so I can burn it right on to the disc and play it in the BD player.

(I have tried adobe premiere it's rendering uses CUDA only for some type of effects so it is useless for me as I don't really use them, besides it is over bloated most of the options it has I don't need anyway.
    I didn't try Sony Vegas but it looks similarly bloated, I don't know about the CUDA support though if it uses them for rendering)

Please if you have suggestions for very good simple maybe even if possible open source and cheap software I have outlined, let me know.

Thanks

Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
  2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

sourceforge for open source stuff

or
    http://www.osalt.com/premiere

or

https://www.google.co.nz/search?q=opensource+alternative+to+adobe+premier&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-beta&channel=fflb&gws_rd=cr&ei=n6lNUo_xMIbtrQeR5IDIBw

unsubbed

3. Johnnyzhang12

Johnnyzhang12 Newbie

I know that Pavtube Blu-ray Ripper can not only back up Blu-ray movies and convert to any formats you need, but also have the function of editing like trim, crop, adding test watermark, etc