1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Batch processing!

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by IHoe, Sep 23, 2005.

1. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

I'm not new to DVDRebuilder and I have praise it's glory cause it's the best in quality that I can see compared to all others. This is the first time I am using batch processing and I saved 5 DVD progects so I can batch process all night long! I am hoping that I wake up tomorrow morning and see that all 5 DVDs are ready since it takes only about 115mins or less to do a 7.3G DVD. Does any have anything to say about Batch Processing? Do you like it and does it do a good job?

2. Gnomex

Gnomex Regular member

I have been using DVD-RB for a while now. I started to use batch processing about 2 weeks ago to save some time. The process is simple to use and well works with out a hitch. The only down side is you need some serious hard drive space.

Set up the projects and run it at night or while away from the machine. Come back several hours later for completed output.

3. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

I did that and all came out great! I love it!

4. arniebear

arniebear Active member

@IHoe

Glad to hear your batch came out, I have not yet tried it. I have a new comp that is coming this week and am waiting as it will have a much bigger hard drive, and I want to put a big second one in. I have not tried the program out using the two hard drives and can't wait to see how this will work out.

5. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

I know how excited you may be!!! You'll love the extra space and, as of yet, I have never even come close to filling out my HDs! I have about 11 DVDs decrypted waiting for me to batch process as we speak. I do have my diskeeper set to defrag every night just before I wake up, expect when I batch process! Last night I did another 4 DVDs while I splept and burning them as we speak!

6. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Well it is kind of funny, not that my wife thinks so, but since I bought one 10 buck program DVDRB. I have now bought CCE Basic and a new computer. I am looking at DVDRemake. This is getting expensive but the program is such a challenge.

7. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

I use DVDDecrypter, DVDRemaker, DVDRebuilder (in that order) for the best quality backups you can get! DVDRemaker is great when you want to take out things that other programs just can't do! It's very versitile and complete! You don't have to be an expert to know what you want in a DVD and Remaker has great guides, too. It's very helpful when you want to break down one of those TV shows .... like the full season DVDs...... or merging disks and such! I love it!

And, yes, since April when I bought this computer I have burned (backed up) over 450 DVDs. It's become quite a great hobby!

8. Paone

Paone Member

Is there a guide somewhere to setting up the batch processing? I would love to do it and have more than enough HD space for it.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2005
  9. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

Just be careful. The more you learn, the more money you want to spend ;)

10. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

ok..... doing batch processing with DVD-RB is great....... just last night I let the computer go and I got 4 DVD folders waiting for me to burn to disk!!! Batch processing is very easy.

1. set up the program to your liking (don't forget to make a folder where you want the final DVD files!)
    2. under FILE hit SAVE it will save your project
    3. do the same as step one for your next DVD and then save that project,too, like in stept two. (remember to make a new folder file for your finished DVD files that RB produces).
    4. Keep saving your projects and when you are done go to the FILE at the top of RB and hit BATCH PROCESSING
    5. you'll notice that the program now has BATCH PROCESSING at the bottom of the progame..... where it says ADD,DELETE, START.
    6. Hit the ADD button and highlight the project name that you saved. Keep ADDing the projects that you saved, that you want done.
    7. hit START and there you go!!!!

very easy lemon squeezy!!!! Just like my friend says! hahaha let the program do it's thing and you'll have all your DVD files in the folders that you designated when the program is done! try it you'll like it!

11. teflonmyk

teflonmyk Regular member

I am using RB more and more and I am loving it more and more!!! I created folders just for batch processing on my HDs. They are not the same folders that I use for normal "one click" rebuilds. This helps sort things for me as I use multiple programs for creating backups...

Last edited: Dec 13, 2005