1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Battery Replacement Help

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by Doctor_DS, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Doctor_DS

Doctor_DS Regular member

well my ipod nano battery is almost dead, it only play about 1 1/2 hours in full charge, so i bought anew battery at ebay. then i took off the wire that attacthed to the battery,and connected it with the new battery. but it won't turn on. the instruction to tell me take off the wire that soldier with the main board, but if i do that my new wire won't attached to the main board, cause the old one, it seem like they hot wire it in the main board. so if anyone have any idea how to solve this problem, i really appriciate it. right now i'm really sad, and i want to cry.

2. bhangram

bhangram Member

3. Doctor_DS

Doctor_DS Regular member

i was thinking to do that, but i just afraid if the tip won't really get in the ipod. i hope this will help me.

4. Doctor_DS

Doctor_DS Regular member

so first i just pull off the original ipod battery cable from the mother board. then i took the new one, and just use the soldering iron, and burn it in the motherboard. If i didn't have a soldering iron, is there any other tool i can use. Also what model or type should i get, and how much does it cost.

5. Doctor_DS

Doctor_DS Regular member

never mind about my question on the top. i asked my step dad and he got one. i already connect the battery to the ipod nano. then i put it at the wall charger i had from ebay. when i charge it the green LED light up, that mean it charged. but when i press the button, and try lock ,and unlock it, my ipod won't turn up. i put it in my computer, and there's no object or item in my removable disk. what should i do HELP.

6. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

Does it show up in 'My Computer' as a mass storage device?

7. Doctor_DS

Doctor_DS Regular member

nope. So is there anything else i can do to save my ipod. when i try to soldier the battery, the little wiggle wire near the head phone jack fell off. then i use tape, and tape it on the mainboard. is this could be the reason why it won't turn on.

Last edited: May 11, 2007
  8. squashit

squashit Member

i have the same problem. i bought a replacement battery off ebay and cut the old battery wires. i then spliced the new battery wires to the original battery wires that are already soldered to the board. when i charge it, i get a lighting bolt icon. the ipod won't hold a charge. does it need a direct solder connection? any help? thanks.

9. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

Not sure if this will help your particular problem, but my friend's iPod couldn't hold a charge for more then 5 minutes, so I restored it, and that helped it out a lot.

10. Doctor_DS

Doctor_DS Regular member

now when i put it on the computer, i only get flashing light from my ipod. what is that mean, and what should i do.

11. squashit

squashit Member

just want to mention i got it to work. the battery i bought from ebay was bad. oh well, the merchant was cool enough to give me a replacement. so i just connected the new battery and it worked. but then it wouldn't recognize on my computer. so i learned that if your ipod is not showing up on your computer, it might be a faulty usb cable. i heard that the ipod usb cables are known to go bad. so i bought a replacement cable and it worked! what a hassle. thanks for all the help.

12. Doctor_DS

Doctor_DS Regular member

well my ipod now only show the restore screen,and the light keep turn off and on. But windows didn't reconzied my ipod. could anyone help me, now what's my problem.

13. squashit

squashit Member

when windows didn't recognize my ipod, i bought a new usb cable and that fixed it. Also make sure your battery is securely connected to your mobo, and fully charged.

14. Doctor_DS

Doctor_DS Regular member

what's mobo. Also I use my sister's Ipod cable,and window still didn't recognized it.

15. abiscotti

abiscotti Guest

hey guys. my ipod nano battery died to and these guys replaced it for me. Might want to see if they do other ipods but i think they do.

Alecia