1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BattleFeild 2 on vista

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by bazookafx, Jul 7, 2007.

1. bazookafx

bazookafx Member

Okay, so here's where im at, i just bought a new vista computer from dell, 1gb or ram and a 256mb graphics card. I can play single player with the resolution on high andit plays great, but as soon as i try to play an online game, it loads the game but when i try to join it says 'PunkBuster Has Kicked You out for the following reason: insuficient o/s privlages' now im thinkin the 'O/S' part is operating system and for some reason vista wont let me use the game. please if you have encoutered this problem and fixed it let me know! I wanna play my new game!

2. tuxbox

tuxbox Regular member

argg vista...don't have it and don't want. but anyways have u tried playing it under administrative access and checking your firewall.

3. bazookafx

bazookafx Member

I myself cant stand vista, you see, im only 16 and my dad bought the computer and he knows nothing of computers. And yeah i tried running it under administrative and no go. ill try the firewall thing

4. tobins1

tobins1 Member

i have 2142 by the way a much better game and i play it on vista with the firewall off initially i did have some problems with the online play but i downloaded these and it stopped not sure if it will work for you but it did for me...

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=dl-bf2.php
    right click save target as on "for players"

and

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php
    right click and save target as on pbsetup.exe

run these both as administrator...

on the first one go onto where you have saved battlefield then open the program files and delete "pb" then run the first one (as administrator eg. right click run as administrator) and do what it says.

on the second one open it then press i accept blah blah.. then when it goes onto the home screen which has four tabs on "add a game" "remove a game" "check for updates" and "quit" go onto add a game then sellect battlefield 2 then press ok to agree with the path then press the check for updates tab and then press ok when it is done.

When you have done both DO THE FIRST ONE FIRST then run the game and try again, as i say it worked for me so should work for you..

HAve fun.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2007