1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BATTLEFIELD 2...NO-CD HELP...???

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by cropa, Dec 12, 2005.

1. camar068

camar068 Member

Cropa,

Genius Act of Idiocy

DEVELOPER,
    I thought it was well said and hilarious. I'm surprised he's still a member. Even funnier when read gaya$$.

2. cropa

cropa Member

Act of Idiocy? Look at the dates when this discussion took place, I doubt anyone here follows this thread ne more. Perhaps you should find a more recent thread and be a smartass there.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2006
  3. Extreke

Extreke Member

Hey, i have the same problem, i have a BFG 6600GT and my BF2 used to run perfect, I could load the game well, and i used daemon tools to load it. However i went to a friends house recently and I used his monitor, and i set my resolution to 1600, then when i came back home, to my 17'inch it flickers when it loads. So I have to find out how to change the resolution manually :( can any of you guys help me! and also, note, i have 2 accounts on my bf2, 1 for multiplayer and 1 for singplayer, i loaded the singleplayer one before i shutdown my computer so, i dont know maybe i could delete that profile and it might load to my other acnt or something. Thanks :)

Last edited: Feb 7, 2006
  4. Extreke

Extreke Member

Also, i can plug in my TV to my computer, but i dont know if u can change the resolution to on ur computer

5. Extreke

Extreke Member

"ware did you get the image??? i tried that but with a friends CD but it dident work...
    i tried 3 different image formats and still the y dident work

maby my comp is just being retarted "

Make sure your daemon tools or alcohol is updated, uninstall the current one and reinstall it :)

6. cropa

cropa Member

your comp isnt necessarily the problem, if u've installed any patches the game wont run, and if you enter a cd-key that is already being used the multiplayer wont work. Your best bet is to just buy the game because there are so many problems that occur when trying to run the image. Now the game is pretty cheap ($20) i think so if u really want it and if u want to play online, BUY IT!!

7. dejahboi

dejahboi Regular member

It's $20?! heck no..its still $50, and btw, seriously, you'll never find
    no-cd patch that will play online, tried it , and yeah, trust me, go buy the game..its worth it

8. cropa

cropa Member

nvm

Last edited: Feb 13, 2006
  9. sammydog

sammydog Member

If you want to play Battlefield 2 without the CD in the drive go to
    http://m0002.gamecopyworld.com/games/pc_battlefield_2.shtml
    and download Battlefield 2 [ALL] No-DVD/Fixed Image #3. It is an 18.7 MB miniDVD image (just the nessacary files it looks for). They also have one for Special Forces (I haven't tried that one). Mount the .MDS file with Daemon Tools, all emulation options checked.

10. dejahboi

dejahboi Regular member

well, that site is okay...i've tried it, but with different games and that last time i used it, it changed my version of the game and i couldn't play online...so instead i just made made the image and put it into a virtual drive and works fine

11. liber8ed

liber8ed Member

hey guys, i have had a quick flick through the forum, im sort of having the same problem, i have just returned to australia, from the states where i bought both battlefield 2 and battlefield 2 special forces, came home to install them on the computer, using legit cd's as in not copies, or downloaded versions, and after going thru the installation, its doing what seems to be happening to a few of you. Booting up no worries. The screen goes black, as if it were about to begin, then just goes back to the desktop.. Im not very litterate on computers, but would i be correct in saying its the graphics card? or something similar.. Any help appreciated..

Cheeers

12. cropa

cropa Member

What kind of a computer/graphics capabilities do you have?

It's unlikely with you that the problem is the graphics card, it could be the fact that the US DVD's run on NTSC format and the Australian DVD's run on PAL format.

13. liber8ed

liber8ed Member

i didnt think it would make a difference, i have bought many games from teh states before, and they have all worked on my computer. its only a fairly new computer, and its been built to play games. but as far as what i have got, let me see if i can remember it all, ie cut and paste, i think its an intel 82865g graphics controller, thats internal, with 96.0mb space.. hows that sound

14. cropa

cropa Member

If graphics and DVD format arent the problem then I have no idea what the problem is. Does your screen flicker black when you click on the game icon or when you are loading a game? Have you installed any patches or updates?

15. dejahboi

dejahboi Regular member

hey, does neone know how to break down a vcd. file?? I can try to figure out what is need to boot the game and try to find out how this protection looks like.... neone know?

16. cropa

cropa Member

Wrong thread, but I dont see how a VCD can be broken down into a game? Try copy/pasting the files in the cd onto your hard drive and reburn the files as an image cd... but if u told us what kind of files were on the cd, it would help...

17. dejahboi

dejahboi Regular member

alrite, i'll do that

18. dejahboi

dejahboi Regular member

oh i forgot, would you think alcohol 120 create a perfect iso image??if so, probably i can look through its files and check it out...thx

19. cropa

cropa Member

Im not sure exactly what your asking but I know Alcohol 120 has a imagine making wizard and maybe thats what your looking for, but if the file on your cd is an iso file then all you have to do is burn the image. What do you mean by "perfect" iso image?

also, what game is it? If its a popular game, there is probably a much easier way of obtaining it.

20. kamkam

kamkam Member

hey guys
    i got battlefield 2 and wanted to run it without the CD. So what i did was get the .iso and mount it. I kept the original bf2.exe file and tried to run the game. It still says "please enter the installation disc" even though it is mounted. I want to be able to run the latest battlefield 2 (v. 1.2) without the cd/dvd. There is no crack for it i dont think, so i tried mounting it, but thats not working. any ideas????