1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BATTLEFIELD 2...NO-CD HELP...???

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by cropa, Dec 12, 2005.

1. kamkam

kamkam Member

it finally works, however when i load a level after it reaches 14% it stops. i dunno why!!! ideas????

2. cropa

cropa Member

I dunno, but would it kill you to play that last level with the cd inside?

3. dejahboi

dejahboi Regular member

kay what i mean for perfect iso image is that when i burn a copy, i could only install the game with the burnt copy and can not play the game with the burnt copy... so any suggestions?? well another one is that when i copy the game with gamedrive to make a .vcd file... i can load it off there without the disc, it would work perfectly fine.. so yeah, that what i meant about the perfect copy....

kamkam
    _ 23. February 2006 @ 17:27 _ Send private message to this user
    it finally works, however when i load a level after it reaches 14% it stops. i dunno why!!! ideas????

its trying to configure your shaders on your vid. card, try turning your settings lower, and yeah it should work..

4. kamkam

kamkam Member

thanks. However, its really weird because in order for the game to run i have to put it on almost the lowest settings. My computer can run CS: source, and other games at pretty high graphics but BF2 is making me run on the lowest. My pc has: 128 mb Geforce6200 pci express, 1gb ram, 3.0ghz intel HT, dell tft8020 LCD monitor. I think it may be my mediocre graphics card. Also another weird thing is, i can run the game in higher and better graphics with BF2 v1.0, however when i update to v1.2 i CANT. Also my copy of BF2 is VERY buggy and freezes alot. (i did download the game from torrentspy.com) any ideas to why these peculiar things occur??

5. dejahboi

dejahboi Regular member

kamkam
    _ 24. February 2006 @ 12:21 _ Send private message to this user
    thanks. However, its really weird because in order for the game to run i have to put it on almost the lowest settings. My computer can run CS: source, and other games at pretty high graphics but BF2 is making me run on the lowest. My pc has: 128 mb Geforce6200 pci express, 1gb ram, 3.0ghz intel HT, dell tft8020 LCD monitor. I think it may be my mediocre graphics card. Also another weird thing is, i can run the game in higher and better graphics with BF2 v1.0, however when i update to v1.2 i CANT. Also my copy of BF2 is VERY buggy and freezes alot. (i did download the game from torrentspy.com) any ideas to why these peculiar things occur??

Are you playing online??Well reason why your laggy because one, 128 mb ram on your vid. card, also its a 6200, and the rest of your specs. are okay,oh yeah if you were playin online, play in a room with a maximum of 32 or maybe 16, or nvm just stay at 16 lol, unless you play at low settings, and yeah also bout the other games such as CSS, your playing in a little enviroment which causes your card to run way better than BF2 having LARGE , VERY LARGE enviroments which will make your vid. card run like crazy esp. on a 6200 cuz i have a 6800gs on mine, it does kinna lag with 32 players, sometimes it'll run smooth... my suggestion, try overclocking it lol, warn you though, "DO IT WITH YOUR OWN RISK", so yeah nothings wrong with the game, its just your specs.

WELL ANYWAYS, since this is off the topic, can a vcd. be broken down in to sub-files?? or in iso. format?

6. cropa

cropa Member

Frankly, the trouble you have to go through to enjoy this game is stupid, therefore, with that said, people should just boycott Battlefield 2. And Im not just talking about downloading it or playing with no cd, im talking about people who bought the game.

The graphics are rediculously good, and if you dont have an insane graphics card, dont bother, also, the gameplay is insane, but there are alot of games out there that can match it or beat it, so GIVE UP ON BF2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you refuse to do so, then ull probably be playing a really laggy game and if you enjoy doing that then good for you.

7. Xanthian

Xanthian Member

I recently downloaded a copy of BF2 + SF.

Installed BF2, cracked it and it ran fine.
    Installed SF (which patches BF2 to 1.1)
    Mounted the MDF/MDS in Daemon Tools, used SD4Hide to stop the blacklisting.

Now the game starts to load, then just goes back to the desktop, no error message.

And its certianly not my PC spec..
    AMD x2 4400
    Geforce 7900 Extreme
    2GB Ballistix Ram
    250GB Hard Drive

/ponder

also, had the same problem with Star Wars - Battlefront 2.. odd

8. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

This depends on who the release group is, I know quality release groups don't have this problem (ie, Reloaded and Deviance)

I had this same issue with StarWars Empire at War, but as soon as I "aquired" a Reloaded release all was good.

Your system specs is....WOW!! so I know you will have ZERO issues running at high details with any games.

9. Xanthian

Xanthian Member

i think it was just some random hash up some guy posted on the newsgroups, will be more picky in future :)

did actually get it working in the end though :D
    very impressive game, decided to buy it to play online!

All I did was remove the cracked exe i was using and replaced it with the original installed exe, then used curerom to setup automount macros with daemon tools, works a treat :)

Think the problem was that i was mixing reloaded's crack with a standard release.