1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

battlefield 2142, punk buster help

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by sloshmold, May 12, 2007.

1. xdra1nx

xdra1nx Guest

Okay, i have read all of these messages posted by all of you friendly users. But one problem. I do not have my firewall on, my modem is clear free, no blockage at all, i used to run servers and shit lol. But any ways, i get this error as i enter a server with a PB enabled.

Something like " initiliazation error for punkbuster"

then it will kick me, reason... "Punk Buster". So my big question, is how the hell do i fix it. I have windows xp, which you guys all presumed it to be Vista that caused a problem, then somehow the firewalls, lol. I did the pbsetup, updated everything, rewrite all of my PB files this that, i cant figure it out. Please help, your assistance would be much obliged.

2. FunCat666

FunCat666 Member

I have this same problem. I get disconnected from a game after literally 45 seconds in the server, with the message "PUNKBUSTER" on screen. Now originally I fixed this by updating with pbsetup.exe but recently I reinstalled and the problem is back, but reupdating does not work. I have tried everything, I never ever have firewall or any protection software on (i play a lot of online games), and I have set every single battlefield related file on my entire computer to full security allowance. I am also completely able to play Crysis multiplayer which also uses punkbuster, even without updating the punkbuster.

Please help guys, EA support doesn't give a shit about anything 'cept payments getting through.

3. neo130288

neo130288 Member

are u useing xp or vista os

4. devonp

devonp Member

ok, i have the exact same problemo, but i downloaded the freakin pbsetup, and entered the game path for bf2142 or whatever, it says i dont have it installed which is weird because i play it everyday, after i moved houses, my games on my computer went all to crap and say you need to install, but they still all play just fine, now then, ive tried unistalling, installing all of it and everytime i try the gaddamn installer .exe doest even work, what the heeeell can i do?!

5. TacoDude1

TacoDude1 Guest

Well What helped me when this problem happened to me in BF2, Make sure the PnkBstrA and B are ok and when you want to play the game, I right click the Icon and select Run as Administrator. It stops the problem for BF 2142 as well. Hope this helps!

6. diajtax69

diajtax69 Member

yea i need help, i recently downloaded punkbuster for battlefield 2142. (new computer). ive tryed redownloading it multiple times, restarting my computer, disconnecting the internet box and reconnecting. but nothing seems to work.

it keeps just saying pb important restriction: communication faliure pnkbstra.exe

then back to the map menu with a window saying PUNKBUSTER

7. diajtax69

diajtax69 Member

im running windows vista 32 bit

8. TacoDude1

TacoDude1 Guest

Did you make sure that it is "Started" in Computer Management? Because that could be the problem.
    Also make sure Windows Firewall isn't blocking it.
    I'm just guess what could be wrong I never had that problem.
    If none of these help, Google what the box says and you will probably find other people with the same problem.
    Hope this helps! ^^

9. diajtax69

diajtax69 Member

nope tryed shutting down every firewall and protection program i have, nothing changed

10. diajtax69

diajtax69 Member

so far i have found problems some what similar to mine, but not the exact same... im almost thinking about going to windows xp. and hoping that will solve it as a last resort

11. Helghast5

Helghast5 Member

Last edited: Dec 31, 2007
  12. TacoDude1

TacoDude1 Guest

Dont Shut It down just put it on the exceptions list then Right clickt he program and click "Run as Admin" it worked for me.

13. rescueguy

rescueguy Member

The only thing you need to do if you have vista is: go in program files, open electronic arts, open BF2142, find (BF2142.exe.) right clik on it, go to propreties, clik on the category (compatebilities) there will be two boxes uncheked, chek them and then do (apply) IT should do the trik also uppdate your punkbuster! and download the latest patch for BF2142.

14. everplay

everplay Member

does any1 still wanna fix their bf2142 punkbuster problem?

15. jozhua

jozhua Member

sure as hell do...
    nothing works on the internet
    win XP ive been trying to fix it for a year now.

16. ompa94

ompa94 Member

17. b_d

b_d Member

I recently got a new computer so i uninstalled 2142 from my old one and put it on my new in the following order: 2142, 1.40, northern strike, 1.40, 1.50. worked for a week. I now have the same problem, when you get kicked and all it says is "PUNKBUSTER".

I cannot update using pbsetup, it stops with "KC002151" and then finally says "Error #0102: Downloading the update failed. Please try again later."

I have found 2 servers that i can play on without any problems except my ping is a little bit high on one of them. They are:
    Welcome To {HSF} HELLS SPECIAL FORCES
    IP:210.5.34.102
    -and-
    [=SL=] 24/7 TITAN WARFARE
    IP:69.12.37.12

If anyone can help, please post, and what would be different with these two than the other thousands of servers out there?

18. vJWv

vJWv Member

go to your computer's control panel and click on the programs or set program access default thing. punkbuster should be there in a list of other programs. activate it. hope this works.

-J