1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BD RB Beta released! - now at version 0.37.08 (April 23rd, 2011)

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by Sophocles, Dec 26, 2008.

1. wakko709

wakko709 Regular member

can you still rip to .iso?

2. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

You can rip to ISO but you can't reenconde it. Once it's been reencoded then might want to consider converting it to an ISO for burning and it also makes it easier to using software players such as PowerDVD.

3. fandr78

fandr78 Regular member

I recently encoded(menus and all) Friday the 13th(1980)which was on a BD-50 to a BD-25 with BD-Rebuilder and its look remarkable.However i tried the same thing(menus and all) but I wanted the target size to be a BD-9,it did fine, but i get no menus with it,even though i selected full backup. Anyone knows why,or am i doing something wrong?Thanks.

4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Version 0.22.02 (June 7, 2009) released ~ see first post

Last edited: Jun 8, 2009
  5. redice

redice Regular member

Sophocles

When you use BD RB to do your movies which encoder settings do you use? do you just use the high quality(default) or the good(fastest)?

6. creaky

Version 0.23.02 (June 20, 2009) released ~ see first post

7. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

As a rule I use the default setting but I will admit to playing with the highest settings when I'm shooting for a type 5 backup. Time is of no real concern to me since I have a fast system dedicated reencoding.

What's funny is that this all seems so familiar because about this time 5 years ago a bunch of us began experimenting with different transcoders which led us to an early beta version of DVD-Rebuilder. We of course all moaned about the 3 to 4 hour reencodes on our P4's but that all changed quickly as faster processors and then multicore processor hit the market.

Use the quality that leaves you satisfied with the outcome. Test your results and if you can't find any reason not to like it then you have your settings. I do all my backups on good old standard single and dual layer DVD discs with very acceptable results. I do however tend to set my audio to either 640kbs DD or 448kbs audio to make room for video bitrate.

8. redice

redice Regular member

Sophocles

ok thanks. yeah i will play around with the different encoder settings. if you have any pointers for backing up BR disc please share as i am new to this whole BR thing.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2009
  9. MRI3T

MRI3T Member

I'm a newbie to this post and very much satisfied with bd_rebuilder.
    Many thanks to jdobbs!!! I've read through all the threads but still having one issue. I was humming along doing rebuilds, everything was fine until I updated system... upgraded to a x64 windows xp proff., and was just doing fine with 32 bit OS but wanted to take advantage of more ram capabilites. Everything installs ok, no prob. I have tried several different blu-ray movies and getting same error, abort video encode retry limit fail. The first step does complete, when it is extracting audio, but then fails...Is bd_rebuilder compatable with 64 bit win xp? Any and all help is welcome

10. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I'm not using a 64 bit OS at this time but yes many have stated that, BD RB is compatible with 64 Bit XP. Most of the time when there is an issue with BD RB it's in the setup stage, and from my experience FFDSHOW has been involved in more than one failed reencode.The instructions for setup are in the first post of this page. Let us know how things turn out.

11. creaky

Version 0.24.01 (June 30, 2009) released ~ see first post

12. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

13. MRI3T

MRI3T Member

thanks for the reply,but after tooling around some settings on my new setup i found that it has nothing to do with BD rebuilder at all? as stated earlier, its a new system and os, im running an AMD phenom 9950 quadcore with 8G @ 1066mhz kingston hyperx memory. and after install of os and x64 drivers, somehow system had some errors installing "coprocessor" and "SMbus" drivers. i guess that was the problem, it would not allow video encoding to take place??? anyway thats another issue! again,thanks for the help! also, i did find out that there is a 64 bit beta version of FFDSHOW available,and im currently using it. have encoded 2 movies so far, 6 hr encode time!!!! so much better than 18 hrs....

14. wakko709

wakko709 Regular member

Have you disabled the burn to current disk? it seems not to be highlighted in your current version!

15. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

16. wakko709

wakko709 Regular member

I get this error
    - Error in attempt to extract audio/subs.
    [08:18:57] - Failed to retrieve audio, aborted

17. binmax

binmax Regular member

Is there a log somewhere that states the changes being done to BD RB on each revision. There are a dozen or so Blurays that I am still not able to shrink to 25gb disc.

18. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

A couple of possible solutions. The first is by jdobbs.

Improper setup is more often than not the culprit but then again some situations are entire unique.

2ns poaaibility.

Try to make sure matroska, WMP11, ffdshow and the proper settings within ffdshow and avisynth are properly installed. If you can't open and play the .m2ts file directly with MPC, this will confirm an improper setup.

When you're posting a question it would be helpful if you would list the BD RB version used, the title and region code of movie. Provide as much info as you can think of it all helps.

A change log is included with each release of BD RB. Open your folder and you should see a text file with that info.

19. wakko709

wakko709 Regular member

n/m i fixed it bd rebuilder has to be on you main drive! or at lease on the same drive as fddshow and avisynth!

20. wakko709

wakko709 Regular member

i got this message today
    Resuming from previously started job.
    [12:59:57] PHASE ONE, Encoding
    - [12:59:57] Reencoding: VID_00060 (30 of 34)
    - [13:00:02] GUI issue, no hWnd returned.