1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BD RB Beta released! - now at version 0.37.08 (April 23rd, 2011)

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by Sophocles, Dec 26, 2008.

1. capizzle

capizzle Member

I am having the same problem with the encodes failing right off the back. It trys to encode and in my system tray I see the Haali logo but it fails.

I have all the software downloaded and have changed the settings to match earlier post and the encodes still fail.

2. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Many of the errors that I've seen were the result of a missed setting during setup such as making certain that mpeg 2 is not disabled in ffdshow which is by default. Another common error is the installation of all the right programs but not the recommended versions. Links to the recommended versions was put up in the first post in this thread a couple of days ago. Please note that sometimes an error is just an error by BD RB so don't be hard on yourself or concerned about posting errors. That's partly why we're here.

There will of course be some movies that will fail with everyone and when that happens it gets reported to jdobbs so that he can work at fixing it. Once he's made a fix then he has to test it and as you know that's not going to be a quick turnaround. So please let us know how you are ripping the movie and its title. In fact the more information that is provided the easier it is to find a resolution.

If you're experiencing a failure

I also beta tested DVD RB 5 years ago when it couldn't do any movies with interleaves and multi angles and in time both of those issue were resolved.

That means that BD RB's trying to find the (GUI) window for X264 -- and couldn't.
    The error has been reported by others but is somewhat inconsistent since some have claimed to succeeded using the same movie that caused another the issue. It is however being analyzed.

rounder00

3. redice

redice Regular member

How do you do this in BD-RB?

4. wakko709

wakko709 Regular member

I'm getting this error BD Rebuilder experienced an error 2306[20:30:15] DoEncoding() 00076 2306

5. redice

redice Regular member

Sophocles

Do you use BD-RB to created your backups for dvd+r dl disc? if so what settings do you use?

6. wakko709

wakko709 Regular member

yes i do! i use the default settings.

7. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Code:
    How do you do this in BD-RB?
    A large share of movies have their original soundtrack in AC3 640 kbs so for that I select to not not reencode AC3 otherwise I select 448kbs.

I do all my backups using single and dual layer DVD+R/-R . I just can't get myself to pay the price for BD25 discs when the others do such a great job. The settings are in BD RB's settings>>Options>>menu. Just select size BD 5(DVD 5) for single layer or size BD 9 (DVD 9) for dual layer.

8. algtz1

algtz1 Regular member

I was tryng to do a full backup of Robin Hood Prince of Thieves and at about 50% encoding I received the following error: "xvidcore.dll not found" I installed all the correct programs and versions as indicated on the guide and had 4 successful backups. I did notice that this movie has tons of 480i video streams along with the main 1080i stream. Can that be the reason contributing to this error. I don't care for the extras but I do care about the menus so that is why I want a full backup. Can someone provide some suggestions on what this error means?

9. redice

redice Regular member

ok thanks Sophocles

10. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Which applications are you using exactly? As far as I know xvidcore.dll is not used by BD RB but it is used by the older mpeg4 standard xvid codec.

11. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Version 0.25.02 (July 19, 2009) released ~ see first post

12. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Code:
     Version 0.25.02 (July 19, 2009) released ~ see first post

OK, that's just cheating.:p I was there checking only a couple of hours ago or so. Unless!!! I just looked at the .02.

13. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Hehe i just check the Doom9 page each time someone replies to this thread

14. algtz1

algtz1 Regular member

Sophocles, are you asking what other programs I have installed on my pc? I do have the divx/xvid codecs instaleld on my pc to be able to play certain divx files and I also have ripbot and make mkv programs installed. Do you think the xvid codecs could be the reason? Should I just go ahead and unistall it?
    I did notice that once I clicked OK on the error message BD-R would continue but the same error would happen after each video stream. When it finally finished processing all the 480 video it got to the main movie and after going through the second pass I got an error message stating that the 264 endcoder failed. It is now retrying so i'll see what happens when I get home after work.

15. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Yes, because xvidcore.dll doesn't have anything to do with BD RB so I was trying to analyze the error. The xvidcore.dll can be downloaded and used to fix the error but it seems moot since BD RB doesn't need it. What were you doing when you received the error?

16. algtz1

algtz1 Regular member

I was backing up: Robin Hood Prince of Thieves as a "full backup" using the BD-25 mode. It started encoding the various 480 streams and as it did this it would give me the error ""xvidcore.dll not found" I would hit ok and it would continue. It did this about 5 times (I guess for each 480 stream that was being encoded) then it went on to encode the main movie not problems till the 2nd pass then I got the error saying that the 264 encoding failed and it was retrying to encode when I left this morning.

17. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I would remove any potentially conflicting applications unless they are absolutely necessary and then recheck setup. Did you make certain to enable mpeg 2 in FFDSHOW?

18. algtz1

algtz1 Regular member

OK, after 3 days I finally got the backup done. I have deleted all the divx codecs just in case there was a conflict. So hopefully I don't get the xvid.dll error again on any future backups.

One other question. I noticed that when I check the mode BD-25 the file ends up being around 21+ gigs. Under the "default" custom setting I believe its around 23+ gigs. Is this the largest file that can still burn onto a BD25 disc? Has anyone tried this setting yet?

19. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

21 Gigs is far more than is required to get a near perfect. I do mine to dual layer discs and at under 8 gigabytes it's hard to see any difference. jdobbs tends to be a bit conservative when making settings to compensate for the possibility of overages. Setting the numbers for a backup is always an estimate and a safe estimate means fewer headaches.

20. binmax

binmax Regular member

Hello,

I have noticed the last three versions of BD Rebuilder have put my Bluray "shrinking" to a halt. I was having better luck with the version that was out a few months ago. I have tried doing 5-6 blurays that had been successful back in March and April, and now they all fail.

I tried using the older versions of this software and they are all saying that these beta versions have expired. The computer is not even online, so I am assuming there is something built into the software that makes it expire. My computer is exactly the same as it was earlier this year. No new hardware or software has been installed.

Are there updated versions FFDShow and Matroksa that also need to be updated along with the newer versions of BD Rebuiler, or are the older versions still capable of running alongside BD Rebuilder? I'm having a hard time understanding why the older versions work and the newer ones do not.