1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BD RB Beta released! - now at version 0.37.08 (April 23rd, 2011)

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by Sophocles, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

To enable go to start>>programs>>ffdshow>>video decoder configuration and open it. Then in the right window scroll down and look for mpeg2 and in the center it will either indicate disabled or enabled. If it is disabled you of course enable it.

2. rounder00

rounder00 Member

Ya that's what I figured and done all along...

Same as this image:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2009
  3. fandr78

fandr78 Regular member

This is such a great problem. I do have a question,sorry in advance if this was asked before. I made several BD5-BD9's with BD-RB,however they come up on my PS3 as DATA DISCS. I been doing my research and read about an AVCHD patcher. I tried the newest version,i think it was 1.6 or something like that. That didnt work for me.. I also read about another person having the same problem i was... He had to use a older version of the AVCHD patcher and it work for him.. SO i must have use three older versions,no luck.However when i used avchd patcher v1.4,it came up as an avchd disc and auto started,i thought i was in business but them i received the error message,looked that up and basicly means cant play video. I am using the newest firmware on the PS3. I was just wondering,if there was a solution to this? Thanks in advance for all your help.

4. binmax

binmax Regular member

I have been receiving this error this week. It opens up in a completely different window:

BD Rebuilder experienced an error 2904 [06:18:44] CorrectEPData() 00009 2904

And this is what BD-Rebuilder says:

[06:06:45]PHASE ONE complete
    [06:06:45]PHASE TWO - Rebuild Started
    - [06:06:45] Rebuilding BD file Structure
    - [06:18:44] CorrectEPData() 00009 2904
    [19:49:00] - Encode and Rebuild complete
    [19:49:00]JOB: 34757975_ENEMY_OF_THE_STATE finished.

Should I assume that the encode process worked even though I got this error?

Last edited: Jul 26, 2009
  5. rounder00

rounder00 Member

Hey guys, I followed your instructions and it appears to be working now. I've installed all of the software to the root directory of my main drive, ripped the movie to the same drive and BD-RB is now at 50% overall. Never got this far before!! :)

Thanks for the help dudes!!

6. Chiamos

Chiamos Member

Glad you've gotten BD Rebuilder working, and when you get that successful "finished" result, then you're really on your way.

Relax and be happy.

7. Chiamos

Chiamos Member

Hi binmax.
    Does it work? What version are you using, as that was a bug fix with 2503? If you are using that version or later, then what are your settings rather than default, if so.....how about one pass encoding?

8. binmax

binmax Regular member

I am using the newest version of all components. All settings are set the way they were when they were installed. FFDshow MPEG settings are enabled. The last couple of movies I have done have given me this error, but they seem to complete successfully. I have yet to burn them to a disc in fear of wasting a good blank. I have never tried one pass encoding. I just want the best results without menus.

9. Chiamos

Chiamos Member

Might try using Re-Writable Blanks to test any results?

Relax and have fun.

10. algtz1

algtz1 Regular member

Is there a setting that would allow me to keep the DTS track withough downmixing it to AC3 5.1? I just bought a BD player and receiver that can handle the DTS True HD and DTS Master audio. Since I am backup up to 25 gig discs I would like to keep the audio in tact but notice that it only gives me the 5.1 AC3 version on the settings. Is there a way to change this or will this be available in a future version of BD RB?

11. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Play it from your hard drive first. If you are using Arcsoft TMT you can go straight to the file older and open it. If you are using PowerDVD then convert it to ISO and mount it first. If it is already in ISO form then mount it and use whatever playback software that you have to try it.

This will allow you to locate any anomalies in audio or video but even then it won't guarantee that it will run in your standalone once burned. I use an HTPC exclusively for my playback so I am guaranteed almost universal compatibility.

Open RB and under settings and setup select "Do not convert DTS to AC3.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2009
  12. algtz1

algtz1 Regular member

Thanks Sophocles, I'll try that.

13. fandr78

fandr78 Regular member

What do you guys consider your root directory? Thanks.

14. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

The root directory is C:\ (or what ever the letter designation of your hard drive is). When you open my computer you will see your drives listed such as C:. Click on it and it will take you to C:\ your root directory. Since I have multiple hard drives, two DVD Roms, and one BD Rom in my system I will see a letter for each one of them. My main drive is C:\ and my second hard drive is D:.

15. rounder00

rounder00 Member

jdobbs has stated not to install BD-RB in your 'programs files' directory as Vista may interfere with it in that location. Even though I'm running XP I still had complications.

I found installing everything in the same directory helped as well..

Thanks to the great suggestions from you geniuses in this thread!

16. fandr78

fandr78 Regular member

Yeah thats what i thought.I have everything saved in my root directory.This still does not fix my problem.I recently installed windows 7 along with the newest version of bd-rb and the three programs you also need for it..However i did not have everything in my root directory,i did a successful full backup of silent hill on a BD-5 and i used avchd patcher,so i could watch in on my PS3. It came out flawless. I went to do a fullbackup of SAW V and thats when my problems began... Then i followed the instructions on putting everything in your root directory,to no luck.. When i had XP installed and a older version of BD-RB,i was making fullbackups like crazy. Have you learned of any problems using Windows 7?

17. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

The root directory comes before program files and all other directories because it is the root. The root directory is C:\, programs files is C:\Program files. If you just use C:\ then you are not installing or using program files.

18. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

jdobbs actually recommends using two hard drives as I do. One as the source for ripping too and the other as for the working folder to contain the encoding files and final result. This has the effect of speeding things up but not to insure that an reencode works. I've used RB long before BD RB and there were times when I had only a single drive in my main rig. I've always kept the folder with RB and other applications on my desktop and always reencoded to either my documents or the C:\ root directory.

If you are experiencing continued reencode failures then there is an issue that has little to do with file placement that is causing it. Either your setup is in error, codec conflict with other applications, your system's hardware is failing, your rip is bad, or the movies structure is not compensated for in BD RB. Overheating can cause havoc on a long reencode, and even more so with an overclocked system.

19. rounder00

rounder00 Member

Yes, I know exactly what the root is and never disagreed with your post.

Cheers

20. rounder00

rounder00 Member

Thanks for the tip. I have multiple drives as will and will keep this in mind...