1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BD RB Beta released! - now at version 0.37.08 (April 23rd, 2011)

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by Sophocles, Dec 26, 2008.

1. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

the MIS DVD+R DL is my first pic then the MIT

Taiyo Yuden for SL DVD+/-R

2. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Both good choices so it seems we are in agreement on media choices but my first pick is not to have to use one unless I have too.:D

3. scpete26

scpete26 Member

I can't get bd rebuilder to work. when I click backup it shows this error

Run time error '76'

path not found

Any ideas why it won't work? I have the bd disk in my drive, anydvd running, and everything else installed (does haali media splitter work? because I can't install the matroska splitter)

4. BigDK

BigDK Regular member

What version of ios r u using?
    You'll need the corrrect sw loaded to get it to work.
    You're better off encoding from hdd file rather than from disc.
    You do have anydvd hd not just anydvd?

5. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

use this method in order

1: Get AnyDVD HD, which you have right?

2: Download BD Rebuilder, Beta version available for download via another thread on AD. http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/733781

3: Download the 3 applications required to work with BD Rebuilder, Listed in the BD Rebuilder associated readme file.
    a)Matroska Splitter
    b)FFDSHOW
    c)AVISYNTH

4: Install the 3 applications, (make sure MPEG2 decoding is enabled in FFDShow)then install BD Rebuilder.

5: Rip you BD film via AnyDVD HD to a HDD location.
    (just right click task bar icon and select rip video DVD to HDD file)

6: Run BD Rebuilder choose option to backup full disk or just main movie, and then choose option to output to BD25, DVD-9, DVD-5, there some other ooptions which don't need changing.

7: You then just burn the image with Imgburn to BD or DVD media and play in your standard BD Player.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2009
  6. vamsilak

vamsilak Regular member

what is error 424?
    i tried enemy of the state

oriignal selected video and audio
    file size 25.7
    selected size bd25
    and i click 10 percentage contrast and sharpness
    please help!

7. Ryu77

Ryu77 Regular member

I think I have expressed many times that it was simply my point of view for the sake of other AfterDawn members who would like to share a wider range of experience. You really don't need to take it so personal, I never said you were lying.

Again, that was all I initially set out to do. This is now the third time I have expressed that it is only my personal opinion. What do you mean the DVDShrink analogy was an "unfair" one? Do I need to reiterate again, that I meant it in a way that related to ease of use and popluarity? I quite clearly made this evident in brackets...

My coaster rate is maybe one in twenty or thirty. No big deal. I use DVDInfoPro to check for CRC errors. If it has corrupt sectors, I burn again. One disc out of twenty or thirty is ok for me. In regards to the cost, I am surprised you haven't caught on that I mentioned AUD many times. I am quoting 80c Australian, which is 56c US.

We are going around in circles with our opinions. You have yours and I will continue to have mine, so once again I would like to request that this conversation end here. Of course, we can discuss other things and help others on this thread and elsewhere but I really don't want to take this line of discussion any further.

8. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Ryu

I might have read something into it that was unintended but it still makes a less than complementary comparison. I was never a big fan of DVD Shrink.

There are two things to look forward to as BD RB progresses. Ease of use for those who are somewhat challenged by other methods, and the ability to retain menus if one so desires. The only time that I keep a menu is if it's a concert of some kind with relevant alternate material otherwise I prefer movie only.

I realize that it was largely your point of view and I'm not taking anything personally, but the intent of your posts was to refute my claim to quality on a single layer disc, albeit by your opinion. Since I made that claim based on empirical knowledge it assumes that I am either wrong, or not telling the truth neither of which I can accept as true. I doubt that you meant to imply I was lying, but sometimes our word usage inadvertently betrays our thoughts, or impart meaning that was unintended.

No worries though, I'm cool.

9. BigDK

BigDK Regular member

Didn't I write this?

10. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

yes, i passing it on

hope its ok

11. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

If you guys go back to the very first post in this thread you will not only find information on setup, but a link to download updates as well. I think one was just released. Sorry, minus the reference to AnyDVD which in my view is a must have.

12. BigDK

BigDK Regular member

Just kidding, its fine if it helps.

Will look for that update.

13. Ryu77

Ryu77 Regular member

Sophocles, I too have had my share of Blu-ray recoding. I have re-authored at least 100 discs at this point in time.

You only need to visit the links in my signature to see the help that I have imparted to other members here.

I respect your view. In my very first post here, I attempted to digress in a softer manner. I obviously didn't do this well enough. All I ask from here on in, is that you also respect my point of view.

I completely agree, anyone looking to get into BD re-authoring/re-encoding should definitely have AnyDVD HD in their arsenal of applications. :-D

14. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I've followed your threads and I think I've even dropped in from time to time, and you've indeed helped many. I do respect your point of view and I respect you as a knowledgeable member. I've also read a few of your posts at D9. I was merely defending a point that I thought was valid. I understand your attention to quality with dual layer and I also use dual layer for many of my encodes. We have more in common than not except (lol) in some situations. It's in my nature to try and find a way to do the most with the least, and I'm doing that in this thread.

You had my respect before this debate began, and you still have it
    now. I still contend that one can make a great (often visually lossless) single layer backup of under 2 hour BD moives to a single layer disc. Just to make things clear to anyone reading this. If you find that your single layer backups don't meet your approval then please use dual layer discs, I do every time one fails.

15. scpete26

scpete26 Member

Thanks for the quick replies.
    yes I have anydvd hd,
    I can't install matroska because I don't know how to install ax files. I tried adding them to system 32 and using run to install them but it came up with some sort of an error...
    instead i installed haali media splitter.
    In ffdshow, you go to codecs and mpeg2 choose libavcodec right?
    I have iron man saved as iso image and use virtual clone drive to mount it and tried to run bd rb, that didn't work. putting the disk in the drive doesn't work either.
    thanks!

16. scpete26

scpete26 Member

bigDK, what do you mean what version of ios am I using? don't know what ios is... if you mean os, then
    I am using windows vista sp1.

17. scpete26

scpete26 Member

Ok, i think it's working now.. I uninstalled everything, then used a little program to make the matroska file register, then installed everything else. We'll see if it works in a few hours!

18. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

19. odin24

odin24 Regular member

Sophocles vs. Ryu77 = Night at the improv! This has become a matter of who gets the last word. C'mon guys, let's help rather than bicker... you remind me of my two kids.

... just kidding...

20. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

See Ryu, I told you that Odin didn't like to play.:p