1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BD RB Beta released! - now at version 0.37.08 (April 23rd, 2011)

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by Sophocles, Dec 26, 2008.

1. tinner45

tinner45 Member

Probly that new protection. Dvdfab has an answer but don't know if it works. I checked the BMV to see if the audio was disabled. It was. Running BD_RB to se if it can get rid of the Cenia protection.

Checked the back up and everything works great. The speakers were unplugged.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
  2. binmax

binmax Regular member

I'm looking for a new link for Bluray blank discs. Does anyone have a good link to some good discs? What is the top brand for Bluray blanks?

3. durkinjt

durkinjt Regular member

I have been getting 25G disks from Meritline when on sale (about 1-2 a month), have used about 10 with no problems ,10 pack about $9.00 incl. shipping. Have recieved different brands, have used at least one of each with no problems.Last batch was from Phillips.

4. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Branded Verbatim BD-R are the best, but they are expensive. Second-I like branded Ridata BD-R. I also use Meritline to buy from. If you get on their mailing list, they send out on sale lists several times a week. I usually can get these for a pretty good price w/free shipping a couple times a month. I've been doing this for a long time, about 9 years, Meritline always seeems to have the best prices overall and Verbatim by far has the best Dvd and BD-R discs.

5. bigorange

bigorange Active member

6. bigorange

bigorange Active member

7. durkinjt

durkinjt Regular member

Agreed,
    Am trying Meritlines on sale disks, as I have some Verbies left and am trying to save them for something special,(?) mean time have been using Meritlines specials, as a test, and all have worked wonderfully. Will keep on doing so for this price. Have had great results using Dvd Rebuilders Blu -Ray system, the best!! Have had DVD Fab not work, and Rebuilder had no problem, and fast! I am not a scammer, use both for different results Fab is great for everything else needs some work on Blu-Ray, especially TV series with multiple episodes.

8. sytyguy

sytyguy Regular member

I have mentioned this before, but I rip to a 2 TB HDD (actually several), and with the use of WD TV Live Plus HD Media Player I can play standard DVD's and Blu-Rays....makes live easier and cheaper. Plus, I can take it to any HD TV and play it.

To me Disc's are a waste of time.

But that's just my opinion.

9. durkinjt

durkinjt Regular member

What happens if the hard drive goes kaput? I've had it happen, more than once.

10. binmax

binmax Regular member

You plug in the next hard drive that you have everything backed up on. Then, you go buy a new hard drive and back all your stuff up again. SIMPLE !! If you have your entire digital collection on hard drives, you would be foolish to not have copies of everything on another hard drive.

11. sytyguy

sytyguy Regular member

Exactly, I have several 2TB HDD's, and each one only cost $69, and they are all backed up. BTW, I use docking stations, so it easy to plug another HDD into it.

12. tinner45

tinner45 Member

Ok guys I downloaded the new verion 39.02 of BD-RB. I did an system inspection and now it says that I have HAALI Splitter,not recommended, FFDSHOW:2580 not recommended, FFDSHOW VC-1 set incorrectly, FFDSHOW MPEG-2 set incorrectly. I haven't seen a change for this, I have forgotton where to check the settings. What a memory I have. I checked the HAALI Splitter and I have the newest version. Can not find FFDSHOW version. Can any one help?

13. bigorange

bigorange Active member

tinner45-

Not sure what happened w/your download. I didn't have any of those problems. You can go to here and download and install all proper versions of the software required jdobbs recommends.
    http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=143716

durkinjt-

The problem with the other cheaper brands is they will play fine when you first backup, then 2 or 3 years down the road when you go to play one it will freeze throughout playback. Poor quality blank discs can develop many errors over time. Too many errors will result in reduced sound quality also. Eventually the disc can stop playing altogether. Inferior discs can degenerate in anything from a few weeks to months, whereas Grade A discs have super high durability and like Verbatim, a life span of over 100 years.

sytyguy-

Basically it is each to his own. For me I prefer using discs. With HDs you're having to back up the backup. Also when you travel not all places will have the capability to play with your system setup. Not to mention when your backing up BD movies at 30-40+ gigs each, that fills up a HD pretty quick no matter how big it is. That's just my opinion, you know what they say...they're like a______s, everybody has one. As long as everybody's happy doing it their way, I guess that's all that matters.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  14. tinner45

tinner45 Member

Thanks for the help. That was the same as thread onebut it did get my head straight. I just deleted and re installed ever thing, and "followed instructions". he!he!he!

15. sytyguy

sytyguy Regular member

Not exactly true, for I only backup what I have just ripped, so it takes but a few minutes, plus my docking stations are USB 3.0, so it goes pretty fast.

The WD TV Live Plus has the capability to hook up to composite, so there are very few places that I cannot play my videos, in fact, I haven't found any. I prefer the HDMI for obvious reasons.

16. bigorange

bigorange Active member

I stand corrected. I was not aware these HD media players had component and composite hookups. Even so, I don't think this would suit my needs to back up my Blu-rays (between 400-500), which would require an enormous amount of HD space. I guess the media player is fine for what it does, but for me it's not a viable Blu-ray backup solution. Besides, this thread is for BD RB Beta backups, so I'm off topic anyway.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
  17. sytyguy

sytyguy Regular member

We are talking about Blu-Ray mostly, for I have many Blu-Ray videos on my HDD's, but I also have SD videos.

The other neat thing about the WD unit, is it lists all the videos alphbetically, so it easy to find the movie you want to play. Plus, it will also play MP3's and CD music.

I think it is a great way to play videos, since I don't have to browse through my binders of discs, they are all in one place or two....going on 3.

JMO, of course.

18. kongming00

kongming00 Member

I am getting a fail on horrible bosses

-----------------------
    [22:02:19] BD Rebuilder v0.39.02 (beta)
    - Source: HORRIBLE_BOSSES
    - Input BD size: 15.47 GB
    - Approximate total content: [01:37:43.649]
    - Target BD size: 22.95 GB
    - Windows Version: 6.1 [7600]
    - MOVIE-ONLY mode enabled
    - Quality: High Quality (Default), ABR
    - Audio Settings: AC3=0 DTS=0 HD=0 Kbs=640
    [22:02:19] PHASE ONE, Encoding
    - [22:02:19] Processing: VID_00004 (1 of 1)
    - [22:02:19] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00004]
    - [22:42:24] Reencoding video [VID_00004]
    - [22:42:24] Keeping original video (no reencode)
    - [22:42:24] Reencoding audio tracks (if req'd)
    - [22:42:24] Multiplexing M2TS
    - Error in attempt to multiplex: MUX_00004.meta
    - Pes packet len too large ( >100Mb). Bad stream or invalid codec speciffed.
    [22:42:29] - Failed to build structure, aborted

Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
  19. Vulcan94

Vulcan94 Member

Here is the latest version.

Vulcan94

20. wakko709

wakko709 Regular member

what does this mean component 'MSCOMCLT.OXC' or one of its dependence not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid