1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BD RB Beta released! - now at version 0.37.08 (April 23rd, 2011)

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by Sophocles, Dec 26, 2008.

1. T_Romance

T_Romance Member

Ok just to update, I've now got BD-RB working, using imgburn to create the diss, worked fine on a BD-RE 25gb so I then tried shrinking the movie to fit on a DL DVD burnt the same now the disc plays but its very jerky! help please.

2. NexGen76

NexGen76 Regular member

Question on full Blu-Ray backup(BD-25) is there a way i can chose what audio but keep the menu's & dump the extras to save space ?

3. ksywa

ksywa Member

hi just downloaded and trying that software.
    I'm having some problem-right after program starts it quits-failed to retrieve audio,aborted,what it takes?

4. harveydub

harveydub Member

Hi there - I'm having some problems installing BD-RB - I get an error message saying 'Component 'MSCOMCTL.OCX' or one of its dependencies not currently registered: a file is missing or invalid'. MSCOMCTL.OCX is there in my BD-RB download folder, and I've copied it into my Sys32 folder as well. I'm running Vista 64-bit - I don't know if that might be the cause of the problem. Any thoughts?

5. Ryu77

Ryu77 Regular member

You will need to register it...

Open a command prompt as an administrator and type the following...

regsvr32 \windows\system32\MSCOMCTL.OCX

6. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

this might be some helpful info:

Microsoft Releases Blu-Ray Media Support for Windows XP
    Jan 30, 2009 - 10:55 PM - by Digital Dave
    No kidding...

The Windows Feature Pack for Storage 1.0 includes the following features.

- Image Mastering API Update for Blu-Ray Media
    This feature enables the Windows platform to do master style optical burning on Blu-Ray media.

- Smart Card Driver
    This release provides support for new form factors, such as ICCD.

Download from Microsoft.com

Windows Feature Pack for Storage 1.0 - English
    Brief Description

Overview
    The Windows Feature Pack for Storage 1.0 includes the following features.

Image Mastering API Update for Blu-Ray Media
    This feature enables the Windows platform to do master style optical burning on Blu-Ray media.

Smart Card Driver
    This release provides support for new form factors, such as ICCD.

System Requirements

* Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1; Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2; Windows Server 2008; Windows Vista; Windows Vista Service Pack 1; Windows XP Service Pack 2; Windows XP Service Pack 3

The following system requirements are necessary to install the Windows Feature Pack for Storage 1.0.

The system must be running one of the following operating systems:
    Windows XP SP2, SP3
    Windows Server 2003 SP1 and above*
    Windows Vista RTM, SP1
    Windows Server 2008

*Smart Card Driver is not supported for Windows Server 2003

Operating systems that do not have the required service packs will not be supported.

Instructions
    This download is available to customers running genuine Microsoft Windows. Click the Continue button in the Validation Required section above to begin the short validation process. Once validated, you will be returned to this page with specific instructions for obtaining the download.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...EA-99C9-45C0-980A-C556746FCF05&displaylang=en

Microsoft Releases exFAT file system for Windows XP - 01-30-2009, 10:58 PM
    Wow... XP getting some love today!

This article discusses the key features and benefits of the extended File Allocation Table (exFAT) file system driver for Windows XP. In response to OEM feedback and to Independent Software Vendor (ISV) feedback, Microsoft released the exFAT file system driver for Windows XP on January 27, 2009.

The exFAT file system is the successor to FAT32 in the FAT family of file systems. The exFAT file system is a new file system format that addresses the growing needs of mobile personal storage on different operating systems. The exFAT file system handles large files, such as those that are used for media storage, and it enables seamless interoperability between desktop computers and devices, such as portable media devices. Because of this functionality, you can easily copy files between the desktop and external devices or between the desktop and other operating systems.

After you download the file that is described in the "More Information" section, you will be able to format external media in the exFAT format. Additionally, you will be able to format external media that is larger than 32 GB, and exFAT-formatted media will be recognized on the computer. More improvements of the exFAT file system are described in the "More Information" section.

Download from Microsoft.com

Update for Windows XP (KB955704)
    Brief Description
    Install this update to add support for the exFAT file system format.

Date Published: 1/26/2009
    Download Size: 3.2 MB

Overview
    Install this update to add support for the exFAT file system format. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

System Requirements

* Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP Service Pack 2; Windows XP Service Pack 3

Instructions

1. To start the download, click the Download button and then do one of the following, or select another language from Change Language and then click Change.

* Click Run to start the installation immediately.

* Click Save to copy the download to your computer for installation at a later time.[/color]

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...06-ddd1-4ca2-b727-c2dff5e30f61&DisplayLang=en

Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
  7. proxpilot

proxpilot Member

How important is the matroska splitter? I wasn't able to download it it said windows needed to know what program created it or something like that.

8. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

It's very important. If you're trying to install it on a Vista rig you will have to assume administrative rights.

9. proxpilot

proxpilot Member

i have XP

10. spexman

spexman Member

Sorry, came in a little late to this interesting thread.
    Ryu, you mentioned enjoying the HD audio codecs from your HTPC.
    IF I understand correctly, for this to happen you need either:

1)to output the stream either as PCM or bitstream via HDMI to a capable receiver; is there software that allows this? and is there a card that has HDMI that allows this?

OR

2)a 7.1 analog out from either your MOBO or separate soundcard PLUS Bluray playback software that properly decodes the HD codecs and does NOT downrez them before making it to the 7.1 outputs.

I have 7.1 on my MOBO and I only have PowerDVD; I DO get 7.1 out of the analog outputs, but there is FAR too much baseline 'noise' coming from them, rendering them unacceptable to me. Plus, I have also read on threads that PowerDVD DOES downconvert, but there is debate.

I have a few questions:
    1) Where does the digital to analog conversion take place? Does the software do that and then send analog to my MOBO or does the software send digital info to the MOBO, and my MOBO do the D/A conversion?
    2) Is there any way I can rid myself of my noise out of my MOBO 7.1, or is the noise a reality due to all the electronics on the MOBO interfering with 'clean' audio?
    3) I am aware of only 3 BR software playback options; PowerDVD, Arcsoft and Corel; do any of these offer TRUE lossless, without downconverting?
    4) What IS the best way to enjoy lossless 7.1 out of one's HTPC!?
    As always, your help is MUCH appreciated!
    Thanks in advance!

11. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I realize that I'm not RYU, but yes there is software that will do that. Virtually all of the major BD playback software such as WinDVD, PowerDVD, and Arcsoft Totalmedia Theater will decode it. As far as playback ATI HD 4000 series cards offer both HD acceleration and multichannel audio over HDMI. You can also output decoded surround sound through a multi channel audio card. Some integrated audio devices on motherboards can do this as well but I prefer a dedicated audio card over integrated.

12. proxpilot

proxpilot Member

I let this thing go for almost 15 hours and it was only at 19% when i woke up. my goodness =[

13. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

whats you're systems specs ?

14. spexman

spexman Member

Sophocles, efharisto for that.
    Any idea if these 3 software programs downconvert the HD audio before it makes it to the 7.1 outs? Is the D/A conversion occurring in the sound card?

15. proxpilot

proxpilot Member

I dont really know off the top of my head. i have a DELL XPS 200 w/ 250G hard drive

16. mesman21

mesman21 Member

I have been playing around with BD RB for about a week now, it is awesome. I even went out and got a quad core to speed things up a bit :) It is so easy to use I even converted my HD-DVD's to BD format so I can back them up on a DVD-9.

Now the problem is, this program makes it so easy I actually have no idea what I am doing. My goal is to encode some of my longer movies in 720p since they just don't cut it in 1080p on a DVD-9 (artifacts). So I did some exploring and found that on the FFDshow options you can Resize. This works on regular BD movies, but on the ones I converted from HD-DVD, it doesn't work, it just goes along and does 1080p anyway. And the weird thing is that when I go ahead and encode it in 1080p, if I re-encode the new file then the resizing does work. Any ideas?

Also, which resize settings do you recommend, I have used Bilinear and Bicubic, and they both look like crap.

Also part II, is there an easy way to encode .m2ts video using the configurations in ffdshow like BD RB does? It would be nice if I could experiment with settings without doing a whole movie each time, lol. I think AVIsynth does it, but I really don't want to learn all that, and all I want to do is use the ffdshow settings, nothing else.

Thanks alot

17. Ryu77

Ryu77 Regular member

That is because the HD-DVD files are not able to be read by a direct show filter, mainly due to the container format (.EVO).

I wouldn't recommend resizing via FFDshow as I believe that is meant to be a resize for your display (I could be incorrect here). The only way I would recommend resizing is via dedicated AVIsynth filters but the problem is that BD Rebuilder won't accept AVIsynth scripts.

I have used bilinear resizing for 1080p to 720p previously and the result most certainly didn't look like crap. Sure, some resolution was lost but of course that is expected.

In regards to experimenting, you could always use tsMuxeR to create a split segment of say 500mb or so and abort the mux when you have the desired clip, then use that as your BD Rebuilder test clip.

18. Ryu77

Ryu77 Regular member

You shouldn't experience noise from your analog outputs. I know I don't. It could be a problem with PowerDVD. I have also heard that it's HD audio decoding is questionable. However, reports about ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre is that it reproduces perfect HD audio. Madshi (Author of EAC3to) reports this media player as handling HD audio perfectly.

As Sophocles mentioned, the ATI Graphics Cards have dedicated sound controllers that allow 7.1 LPCM to be passed through a special DVI to HDMI adapter.

If you want HD audio bitstream output, then there are only 2 cards that I know of. Only one of which is available on the market today. The other will be released very shortly. These both allow an input from your Graphics Card so it can mix the HD audio with it and send it to your Receiver.

Option 1 (available): http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=25&l2=150&l3=0&l4=0&model=2385&modelmenu=1

Option 2 (coming soon): http://www.auzentech.com/site/products/x-fi_hometheater_hd.php

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  19. spexman

spexman Member

Ryu,
    Thank you for your knowledgeable response...I see that HTPC is catching up to standalones in terms of HD audio out of HDMI!...may be enough incentive to get me to upgrade to an HDMI capable receiver!

Meanwhile, I am stuck in the 7.1 analog option. I use ONLY the 7.1 out of my MOBO and even with NO programs loaded, I have a baseline noise level that is unacceptable; my conclusion is poor audio quality in the MOBO(which I suspect does the D/A conversion)? Do you use a separate audio card which gives you no noise? If so, which one?(I suspect this will be your recommendation to me!)
    Also, any idea if WinDVD handles the HD audio codecs properly?(unfortunately, my E6300 has a hard time with Arcsoft's package!)

Thanks again, I appreciate your help.

20. proxpilot

proxpilot Member

OK guy's what do i gotta do to my computer to speed this process up? lol
    I'm going on 15 hours now on movie only mode and faster encode mode and I'm only at 61.45%. The processor i believe that's in my comp now is a Intel Pentium D 820 / 2.80 GHz . what do i need to upgrade??