1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beauty and the Beast SE

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by fenshysa, Mar 7, 2005.

1. fenshysa

fenshysa Member

I'm attempting to back up my wife's copy of the new "Beauty and the Beast" Special Edition. I've been using DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter (thanks to the people here for referring the two programs - they work great) to back up my other DVDs and haven't yet run into a problem. When I attempt to "Open Disk" in DVD Shrink it gets to about 42% and then runs into an error. When I attempt to Decrypt first, DVD Decrypter gets to about 70% and then keeps hitting errors (I kept hitting retry, but kept getting the same error - 200 retries later, I gave up). When I open the DVD in DVD Shrink to Re-author, it shows that the main movie is broken into 3 titles (16, 17 and 18). Oddly, there are two 16s, and 17 and 18 have duplicates with the term "(Angle2)" after them - maybe that's some kind of special feature, I don't know. When I highlight the above mentioned titles and drag them over, it gets to 2% and then says "DVD Shrink encountered an error and can not continue. Failed to read file 'E:\' Data Error (cyclic redundancy check)." E: being the drive that I have the DVD in (duh).

Now that I've bored you to death with all that background info, my question is this - are some of those titles dummy titles meant to hang up the program, or is there something I'm missing? It's probably something obvious to you guys, but I'm just not seeing it. If you need any more info from me, just ask and I'll be more than happy to provide it. As always, all suggestions are welcome.

2. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

Last edited: Mar 7, 2005
  3. whirlble

whirlble Member

There are three different versions of the movie on the disk. One is the theatrical. One is an enhanced version(has "Human Again" song on it). And the last is a making of the movie movie.

4. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

Ah, yes. Just preview each of the three titles you have and decide which one you want.

5. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

Besides the 3 different versions of the movie there are also 3 additional angles (1 for each version of the movie). If you reauthor with Shrink you'll see 6 different main movies to pick from.

I've ripped it with DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink and never had a problem. I've used it to test different programs because of its unusual structure and I've probably ripped it 10 times or more and never had a problem.

6. fenshysa

fenshysa Member

See, I knew it would be something obvious. I checked the disk and it's all scratched to hell. I can't even drag any of the title sections over without getting an error, so I guess I'll be purchasing a new copy (and immediately backing it up this time). I appreciate all the help, at least now I know what it means when that error message comes up.