1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Been away for a while

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by darkshadowhawk, Oct 7, 2012.

1. darkshadowhawk

darkshadowhawk Member

Hello, I've been away for a while, I used to use a Starview 3 back in the day when you could just plug in, scan and watch tv, then update every once in a while, until virgin media changed their encryption to Nagra 3 or something then I just stopped using it. I've been reading the forums and people are using a lot of terminology I don't quite understand. Could anyone explain what the options are now as far as getting digital tv goes and what boxes are available. Thanks

2. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

I think you better off reading some posts as this has been covered to death, a quick simple tip, going cable? Stay away from any Starview / euroview product, go with a Kryptview buy a box its free to use, Starview you have to keep paying and they are rip of merchants, thats about it for cable, for sat? a blade, an openbox etc, but you need to catch up in terms of boxs and use the search function above to search for posts on the boxs I mention.

3. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

also new boxes be it cable or sat need to be hooked up to the tinternet for premium channels to be cleared

4. 2dogsfighting71

2dogsfighting71 Regular member

Also worth mentioning that there's loads of things you can watch online.

Live sports. Films. Or live streams of regular channels.