1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Been having problems with backing up lately...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by aumm, Jan 11, 2005.

1. aumm

aumm Member

Lately it seems that a large percent of the games im backing up are not working, the Xbox recognizes the disc, but it does not go farther than the XBOX Microsoft screen. Anyone know if this could be a problem with my burner??

2. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Have you tried doing a cold boot (rebooting the xbox after you've put it in)

Also, try using good media.

3. aumm

aumm Member

I've tried both of those, I've burned the games on Ridata+R, +R/W, Maxell RW, same problems. Could it have anything to do with burn speed? For some reason my DVD burner only burns at a max speed of 1.5x even though its a 16x drive...

thanks for the help btw

4. BR7

BR7 Regular member

Might be a 16x drive, but I don't think there are any 16x compatable media available yet (I could be wrong).

What brand/model is your burner? If you think the burner is at fault, have you tried to upgrade your firmware?

What about using -R's? Of the 4 types of DVD media, IMO the -R's would be the most compatable with any version Xbox.

Also.. I think Maxell's are garbage. Probably the cheapest media made (quality wise). Try a pack of Riteks or Verbatim -R's.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2005
  5. aumm

aumm Member

It's an NEC 16x Dual Layer drive...i know it wont burn at 16x, but i dont understand why it burns at only 1.5x. I tried a couple different types of media, but I've had many successful backups with the Ridata -R discs. How would I go about upgrading the firmware?

6. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

you tried sony or ritek dvd-r?
    you may have just gotten a bad batch of discs

7. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Maybe it's the "rewritable" discs. Your xbox may not like RWs as much as they like Rs

8. AkTra2

AkTra2 Guest

once it did that with me, when i burnt it at 1x and it didnt get past the loading screen and when i burnt it at 2x speed it worked fine.