1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

been here before, but once again...

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by zabijecie, Dec 29, 2004.

1. zabijecie

zabijecie Member

hi, i've been here before like in june or somthing, but once again i need help.

I have movie clips avi, mov, mpg ect. and i want to make a dvd or a Vcd out of them.
    I have dvd lab, tmpge. i dont know what im missing. And how do i do the process of making the dvd.
    1. convert the avi, mov formats to mpg?
    2. donno thats all i know need serious help...

2. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

heres one of several ways to do what you want:http://www.dvd-guides.com/content/view/52/59/

3. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

The best way to proceed is to read the guides for the specific procedures.

A few things have to happen, first all your clips need to be converted to a format tht DVD Lab can handle. Lab can usually do this however I like to have my files demuxed into seperate audio and video streams first. TMPGEnc should do this to your .avi files without to much difficulty. There are .mov converters available:

http://www.winmpg.com/mov-converter.html

I would probably use an editing program of some sort just to add some transitions and effects before authoring with DVD Lab. NeroVision Express or similar is pretty easy to use.

Once you get everything edited and converted, you just open DVD Lab and join them together.

Practice with short clips until you get the process down.

Read the DVD Lab help:
    http://www.mediachance.com/dvdlab/Help/index.htm

4. zabijecie

zabijecie Member

ok i want to get the avi and audio seprate so i use tmpgenc but i dont know what to do from there...

5. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

After you finish demuxing with TMPGEnc, you should have two seperate streams. One is the audio, the other is the video. The next step will be to open DVD Lab, select "File" and then "Import Asset". A file browser window will open, Find your audio and video files and put them in DVD Lab's Asset bin.

Once you have both files in, you can add them to your project.

On the left side of the screen you should see a branched chart. Click on the item "Connections". That opens the Connections window. Drag the video and the audio files from the Asset bin into the movie 1 box.

Make a simple menu with a start button:

Double click the menu 1 box in the connections window. This will expand it. On the left side of this window find the "Aa" icon. This is your text editor. Click on this and then click in the menu window. It will open. Type "Start Movie." Click OK. You should now see this in your menu 1.

Link the "Start Movie":

Right click on the text you just installed. Select "link">movie 1>movie start from the menu. You should see "movie 1" appear under your text. This is now a start button.

You need the movie to return to the menu when it finishes playing so install a link from the end of the movie to the menu:

Open the Connections window up again and then right click on Movie 1 "RET" icon. Select "draw connection" from the menu. Just drag the new connection from Movie 1 to Menu 1.

That part is done. Now you need to compile project. Select "Project" from the top menu bar and then choose "Compile DVD". For now, you can just use the default settings so when the Compile DVD Window opens, note the output locations (write them down) and select Start.

If you want to burn this using DVD Lab, select "Project" again and this time choose "Burn DVD from Disk". Put a blank DVD RW in your burner, making sure it is the one listed in the Device menu. Click Write.

This is a bare-bones guide, there are a lot more features and things to be learned. Read the help files. Use short clips to practice with! Use RW media.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2004