1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

beginner mods

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by myname2, Jan 5, 2005.

1. myname2

myname2 Member

hey guys, im a noob to modding. I love to fool around with electronics, and I know a lot of the basics. I recently ordered a gamecube, and I would like to do some modding on it. I already plan to change the power led, and im gonna do some thing to the controllers ( change sticks around, possibly add a under-controller z-button, Ive found plans for both). Im basically asking if anyone has some cool ideas for modding it, that wouldnt be terribly hard. Im not interested in burning, roms, etc. Any help is much appreciated.

2. johnodd4

johnodd4 Guest

i have a great one how about a see threw lid the stock black gamecube jewel on the top of the gamecube comes off all you would have to do is cut the plastic underneath and make sure you leave a edge to attach a new clear jewel on top then you could drill a bunch o tiny holes under the cd lid around the drive and light it up might be really interresting to try

3. w00t!

w00t! Member

That was the longest sentence i have ever seen.
    Anywho...
    good idea fo the clear jewel, i just might try that myself. Any idea where to get one?

4. myname2

myname2 Member

5. johnodd4

johnodd4 Guest

ok in order to make this jewel clear take off the black plastic backing becarefull not to bend or break it then sand the jewel untill clear or lightly buff untill all the black paint and the gamecube logo come off make sure this is done lightly...

then get some clear coat coat the sanded side in some clear coat and watch it become nice and clear then cut out the plastic on the lid of the gamecube and becarefull to leave a small edge to glue the plastic to
    then you are done

this takes practice order a extra one before atempeting and don not use gel based super glue will turn plastic black