1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beginner Needs Help With New DreamBox DM500

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by fleetingm, Apr 17, 2007.

1. fleetingm

fleetingm Member

Just bought a Dreambox DM500 of my mate and set about setting it up last night. After many failed attempts I managed to install the channels I was expecting using the following. I'm using it through my VirginMedia cable. Based just outside London

1) TV System - I choose PAL +60. (options were Pal, Pal+60, Multinorm, NTSC)
    2) Language - English
    3) Time Zone - GMT
    4) Transponder Scan - Automatic (option Automatic or manual)
    5) Transponder Scan - Bruteforce (Options Cableuk SYM6952, CableUK SYM 6887, Bruteforce)
    6) Click Bruteforce then wait. Then scroll down and select start scan.
    7) Took 8mins to load up channels.

Is this the right set up?
    Once installed do I need to alter any settings?

I was unable to get Sky Sports 1 and 3?
    The Movie channels wanted a pin for 12,15,18 channels before 9pm (Virgin Screen). Can I alter this?

None of the 'adult' channels worked can this be altered?

Apart from standard Sky/Virgin channels are others available like Irish Football channel or Virgin Box office movies?

I really appreciate any help as I'm well.....clueless about this.

2. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

Probably just needs a new image with newer features & better tuner drivers. Download this & unrar it. The IP address set to 192.168.1.100, flash to your dreambox, FTP DW.IMG to the Temp folder, then on box DW menu (blue button),image backup/restore (blue) flash image (green) to flash it or you can also use FlashWizard Pro.

http://rapidshare.com/files/26482274/DW.rar

3. fleetingm

fleetingm Member

Thatnks for your reply. i will try that.

From looking at other threads I have found the movies with their HID extesnion which doesn't need apin which is superb.

Will doing this 'flash' give me Sky Sports 1 & 3 and also access to the adult channels.

This has been a huge learning curve all this Image, Flash, Bouquet talk. Still most way ove rmy head.

Is there a list of what channels I should be getting with A Virgin Media cable in London using a Dreambox DM500?