1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

belkin 54g & windows xp - HELP

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by easylife, Oct 5, 2004.

1. easylife

easylife Member

I've recently got a belkin 54g card for my laptop (compaq nx9010) & I can't get the software to install. Has anyone else found this & know the solution?? The installation program get to "insert pcmcia card" & doesn't detect it.
    I've tested a different card (same thing happens) & windows sees the card so the slot works but cant get the driver to install. Please hhhhhelllppp....

I wouldn't recommend anyone buy this card - get a different one!!

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

3. easylife

easylife Member

yeah, I tried a few weeks ago - no response yet. It probablly does work most if the time but thet doesn't help. I even took it to a computer shop who said "just format you're hard disk, reinstall windows & then install the card", which is a bit weak if you ask me.

4. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

~~~~Oooooo, you should send again your query to Belkin !! Just finished talking to a guy here that had one before he got his laptop stolen , and he said it was a 2 min installation and worked like a charm. Excellent coverage all over his house.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Do It Right , and you will be a Happy Camper ![/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2004
  5. easylife

easylife Member

is there anyone else out there who can actually help instead of telling me how great this useless card is?

6. dshimko

dshimko Member

i had the same problem. go to driverguide.com and download the driver. it is not windows xp registered, so i had to turn off all windows default settings to make it work. windows gave a stern warning not to install but i did anyway and it worked