1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Benchmarking - With Real World Applications

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by NuckNFuts, Feb 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NuckNFuts

NuckNFuts Regular member

I'd like to start a tread geared toward benchmarks based on real world apps that we, both the average and performance users use on a regular basis. I agree the lab based benchmark scores are a good refference point but doen't mean a lot to the average user who never ran a test like that on their old system, so to do it now would be pointless. However, give them some times (scores) they can actually relate to (in real world apps)and use, then they can make a better pick. Some tend to favor AMD over Intel and vise/versa. Let see some nutrals. I like both so I'm open to where the performance is. Also, Each platform may be better at one task then the other. Let's see where this goes.

Share your PC build, components and the average apps you use on a daily routine. I'd be far more interested in an overclocked system I can use everyday for the programs I normally use & to speed up performance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.