1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BenQ 1620/1640/1650

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by rcm999, Dec 30, 2006.

1. FredBun

FredBun Active member

I would make a copy of every dealing made with those people, from the advestising, thier refund policy, e-mails etc.

2. pollution

pollution Regular member

Just got my drive :(, just talked to customer service and they said their was a mistake on their website and they do not have any BenQ burners even the ones they show in stock.
    Customer service rep said they are going to do RMA on the drive and pay for the return shipping with no restock fee. If this all goes well I will purchase again from this company after calling to check with their customer service that they have the item they are selling. I AM A NEWEGG.

3. pollution

pollution Regular member

Now the Sony DRU-710A drive that was supposed to be replaced starting working again. Intermittent problem.

4. rcm999

rcm999 Regular member

@pollution:

I got in my order today and they were 1650V DVD ROMs. I emailed for an RMA and left feedback for Product Not As Advertised. I stipulated too I didn't feel I should pay for return freight or restock fees. I may give it a day or so to see their reply before I call. But I'm happy for you and the others who too were offered full refunds and no penalties. That gives me some hope too.

5. Yujenh

Yujenh Regular member

@rcm999,
    Well, just chill out a litte bit. I know this fiasco got everybody pissed and its going to take some time to fix it. Here is what you need to do. Email them might be faster because I recieved the RMA and the return instruction with return info in a attachment. Or call return department I think it was choice 3 and keep calling until someone answers. Do you have a FedEX location near by?? The return system they(zipzoom) give you is kinda wacky. You have to print out this paper and bring it to FEDEX place and have them print out the labels and stuff.

6. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

Zipzoomfly pulled a another sleazy little tactic with me. I ordered my DW1650 on December 31st. I had ordered from them before, but for some reason they wanted to "verify" my order, but only notified me several days later. I did Zipzoomfly's little verification process and they told me my order was "released for shipment today". However, I checked my order status last night and it was still listed as Packed for shipment. I called them today and they said the Benq drives were discontinued (duh) and that they would no longer stock them. Zipzoomfly claimed didn't know why more order was still showing as packed. If I had not called them, I'd still be waiting for a drive that would never come.

Yeah, these guys are scam artists. I always knew Zipzoomfly was a little dodgy, but I didn't think they'd pull a stunt like this. Well, the only good news in all of this is that they probably would have lied and shipped me the 1650V reader like they apparently did to so many other people.

However, a word to the wise: file a complaint with the BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU, and post reviews on websites like epinions.com and my3cents.com. Even if Zipzoomfly resolves your problem, it's important for would-be customers to know the shenanigans Zipzoomfly pulls.

7. Yujenh

Yujenh Regular member

@dunker,
    I'll do it after i get my money back. I still think they deserve little credite for having enough guts to even think about doing "stunts" like this though, and almost pull it through if we are all foool and stupid enoug. I do think they did this on purpose its not just some kind of mistake.

8. rcm999

rcm999 Regular member

I did get an email back with an RMA saying they'll be sending me a return label and instructions. Then another email followed with the same answer. Still haven't received a mailing label, but they did state they'll issue a full refund.

I realize mistakes do happen and I'm not pointing fingers or anything with this fiasco, but it is highly suspect. As long as all of us who got taken in on this gets a full refund, that's a start. I feel ZipZoomFly should issue a public statement admitting their mistake and make an apology.

It was my first purchase with them and it'll be my last, most likely, unless they offer an incentive second-to-none for me to give them a second chance.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2007
  9. pollution

pollution Regular member

I agree. I ordered a Seagate 320 Gig hard drive from Newegg and they took over a week to ship it and I wrote a review on their site saying it took a week and they offered a 10 dollar discount on my next purchase. This made me the customer happy and kept me coming back to their store therefore keeping their customer. Newegg has a AA rating on the better business bureau.

10. pollution

pollution Regular member

BenQ 1620

Called customer service and they said they are the correct drives and in stock. I ordered.

11. rcm999

rcm999 Regular member

Does ZipZoomFly have a toll-free number? All I can find is a regular number.

12. Yujenh

Yujenh Regular member

i didnt see the 800 numbers either that 530 or whatever is the number i called and if you called them enough times, somone will
    answer.

13. rcm999

rcm999 Regular member

Well they finally sent me the "return shipping label". Like Yujenh wrote, it is knid of whacky. I called FedEx-Kinko's downtown here and they were familiar with this type of RMA label. The man said to just bring the paperwork and the package in and that'd be it. It seems to be working out well, because the FedEx-Kinko's store is on the LunchLine shuttle route only 1/2 mile away. So tomorrow, I'll hitch a LunchLine ride, send off the package, go up the street and grab lunch and I'm back in the office inside my hour.

14. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

They do have a toll-free number: 877-228-6958. I used extension 2100 (their verification extension) in order to reach a live person. They go to great lengths to avoid advertising this number to their existing customers but it dials into the same line as the 510 numbers.

15. rcm999

rcm999 Regular member

What a mess - after taking my package down to FedEx-Kinko's wasting my lunch hour, they inform me the special return label information issued by ZipZoomFly is invalid, and they would not accept it. I tried the toll-free number only to get automated voices saying they'll call back. Yeah, right. Never again, ZZF!

16. LABOY

LABOY Regular member

I just got my Benq 1640 from ZipZoomFly today, installed it and burned by first disk (TY Yuden T0002) and got a 98% scan.
    I know some of you are having problems of getting what you ordered, but my order came in fine and I am a happy camper....Wish those of you who are having problems with ZipZoomFly the best of luck!!

17. Yujenh

Yujenh Regular member

@rcm999
    I thought I warned you about the wacky return system. I guess i wasnt clear about it. It did list the locations which will accept the returns but my is like 30 miles away. So I didnt go to that one. Hoever the Fedex place i want took care of it for me but it wasn easy man. So good luck to you men. It does take some effort to get rid of the package.

18. Yujenh

Yujenh Regular member

@laboy,
    those scans are almost worthless man. they are so inconsisten. this time is 98 and maybe next time it will be 94. most of the people does not take them seriously.

19. rcm999

rcm999 Regular member

@Yujenh:

Yes, you warned me but I didn't think it'd be that whacked out.<g> They did resend the label, but this time in .pdf form. Maybe they should have done so the first time, but initially they said all I needed was the number. I took the package to another FedEx agent last night and there was a sweet old lady behind the counter who knew exactly what to do. She even admittied it was a goofy system and they didn't get many returns like that.

Bottom line, I was in and out in 5 minutes and the FedEx driver had just pulled up. Got my tracking number and went home and rewarded myself with a little "refreshment". Then I discovered on my answering machine that ZZF had called me and left a message to call them back so the RMA could be put to rest.

Sounds like all this could be turned around and used as an episode on a sitcom.

20. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

I am glad that I never had problems with ZipZoomFly. They used to be Google Gear, and they were good then, and for me, have been good now. It would appear that they have made a major blunder, and if I was on the receiving end of the blunder, I would be angry too.

I hope that they make things right for all of you.