1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Benq 1620

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by pembleton, Nov 27, 2004.

1. pembleton

pembleton Member

Hey All,

I am considering buying a Benq Dual Layer DVD burner. They are on sale but I don't know a thing about them. What (if any) are the compatibility issues. How hard is it to find the dual layer medi?

Thanks All,
    Fp

2. Sunwish

Sunwish Member

3. freedom2

freedom2 Regular member

@pembleton

buy the burner for the future so you will have it. but dual layer media is very exspensive now. about $10.00 per disks from what i have found.

my 2 cents

4. susie2

susie2 Member

what they don't tell you in the review is the BenQ customer service is worse than a joke. I bought the BenQ and after trying 15 DVD R in + and - and reinstalling half my PC i took it back with reciept, original packing and cable, software and the sample DVD+r. after a month I got back a replacement drive as the original was indeed DOA. The replacement was in a plastic bag! not even a warrently card, nothing. I can't even be bothered to put the thing in my PC I'm so pi**ed off about it.

5. freedom2

freedom2 Regular member

hello susie2

most all salesman i have ever talked to don't know
    their ass from a hole in the wall. they just want to sell something. there all like car salesman.

i don't know all about your problems but don't buy off the wall items for your computer.

i have found that WAL-Mart sells a lot of computer items usally cheaper than any one else. i buy from them cause of there great 90 day return policy, on most anything.

i bought a HP 620 IDE dvd burner for 99.00 worked well

my 2 cents