1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BenQ 1655 or LiteOn 1635?

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by storm1234, Jan 16, 2007.

1. storm1234

storm1234 Guest

I know this might not be in the right place, but it doesn't exactly have a one place spot I could put it in, and Iv'e used this area the most so hopefully it'll be ok.

I plan on backing up all of my original's software wise onto Fujifilm TY's CD-R's.

My question is, which drive should do the burning part, my BenQ or LiteOn?

Thanks for any comments or suggestions. Thanks Storm~

2. Mr_Pink

Mr_Pink Regular member

I have the aforementioned LiteOn. It has performed flawlessly for me. Of course, I only use Verbatim or genuine TY. But there are plenty here that have that BenQ so you really can't go wrong.

If you've had the BenQ for a long, long time and you feel inclined to change, go for the LiteOn. I know LiteOns go for cheap. When I bought this one, it was 50 bucks! It's probably cheaper now. But unless there's something wrong with your current BenQ, you probably don't need to upgrade since both are exceptional burners.

3. storm1234

storm1234 Guest

No Offense but I think you didnt read the question, if you could read it and comment to it, thank you very much.

Storm~

4. Mr_Pink

Mr_Pink Regular member

You're right. I don't know why I thought you asked which burner to buy. What time was that written? Maybe I needed some sleep lol.

Anyway, the same deal applies though. Both are really good burners so it shouldn't matter which you choose. The only way I would choose one over the other is if one was external and the other internal. But you didn't mention that, so I'm assuming both are internal. Are both of them up to date with firmware?

Have they been cleaned up (duster/brush etc.)?

If yes to all, flip a coin and decide that way lol. If not, whichever is healthier go with that.

5. storm1234

storm1234 Guest

lol its all good

First they are both internal. They both are probably fine healthy wise, the LiteOn is pretty much brand new rma'd it couple months back and they sent me a new one it had some problems, this one seems fine from what ive tested it on.

My BenQ mostly gives me 97-99 scores on dvd's.

I will probably do a couple of tests and go from there, probably will start either tmrw or in the next few days.

Thanks for you comments, very much appreciated.

Storm~

6. storm1234

storm1234 Guest

I have another question concerning my LiteOn 1635S, under nero it says it has C2 Error.

But when I disc quality scan a cd, it doesnt show any C2 Error's.... And the C2 Error box is checked, anyone have any ideas?

Thanks very much Storm~

7. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

thread teleported to relevant forum