1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Benq burners

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by movies27, Jul 2, 2006.

1. movies27

movies27 Regular member

crap the 1650 doesnt really booktype or either i dont know what i'm doing i even got the qsuite running too..after i burned a disc & opened up decrypter it said dvd+r....wtf!!!

2. arniebear

arniebear Active member

@movies27

If you can't get QSuite to work, dl DVDInfo Pro, that will allow you to booktype with the BenQ, it is a set it and forget it. Download the free version it will work.

http://www.dvd-recordable.org/wwwimgs/media/flash/dvdinfopro/index.htm

Only problem with the free version is that it expires every now and then and you will have to dl it again and install.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2006
  3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Dvd decrypter doesn't tell me if my backups been booktyped.Same with nero infotool. Dvdinfopro and dvdidentifier will:

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd-r_tools/dvd_identifier.cfm

Every now and then,a benq 1650 will not booktype-out of the box. Q-suite will take care of that. Identify a couple of your plus backups in dvdidentifier-it's free. It'll tell you just like this:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD+R:RITEK-P16-000]
    Disc & Book Type : [DVD+R] - [DVD-ROM]
    Manufacturer Name : [Ritek Corp.]
    Manufacturer ID : [RITEK]
    Media Type ID : [P16]
    Product Revision : [Not Specified]
    Blank Disc Capacity : [2,295,104 Sectors = 4.70 GB (4.38 GiB)]
    Recording Speeds : [1x-2.4x , 4x , 6x-8x , 6x-16x]
    [ DVD Identifier - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]

Notice disc and booktype: If not booktyped,they'll both say dvd+r.

4. movies27

movies27 Regular member

Thanks i will try them.

5. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Decrypter does tell you if the disk is booktyped, this is Kk done on Fuji disk and booktyped. Just checked it in iso read and the disk info comes up.

[​IMG]

Also the Nero CD DVD Speed will give you the disk info, but not Nero Info Tool

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2006
  6. movies27

movies27 Regular member

how about that..dvdinfopro said it was booktyped..

@arniebear...am i doing something wrong with the qsuite..i tried it but decrypter still wouldnt say my disc was booktyped

7. movies27

movies27 Regular member

i just looked in decrypter it says dvd+r but dvdinfopro says dvd-rom

8. arniebear

arniebear Active member

I don't know, all mine show up as being booktyped. If DVDInfo is reporting it as being booktyped then it is.

9. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

@movies27

My DVD Decrypter looks slightly different than arniebears, there are actually two sections in the information screen on the right. The top one will show the physical characteristics of the disc, but if you scroll down to the last section (should be labelled Last Recorded as shown in arniebears pic) it should say DVD-ROM.

EDIT:

BTW, just installed my 1655 and I'm rescanning a couple of old discs. Can't wait to make a couple of burns and see what this puppy will do.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2006
  10. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

BENQ DVD LS DW1655
    Driver Version 5.1.2535.0

On a Verbatim +8x,+16x,Ritek -8x
    USED Read Buffer...Stable at 100%
    Buffer Level-Drops to 24%-34% occasionaly[every 4th,5th disc],but seem to float between 94%&75%[drop].This kinda worries me,as it might
    make for a weak Burn
    My old NEC would do this & would make for a weak burn where the Buffer Levels dropped.
    This would cause a slight freeze frame or Blocking before continueing the movie In my DVD Player.
    My old P lextor PX708A holds USED Read Buffer...Stable at 100%
    Buffer Level..Stable at 98%
    Is this usual for the BenQ's,can this be corrected

11. movies27

movies27 Regular member

mine does that too but the movies play fine all the way thru to then end..i think its ok as long as the used read buffer stays full you're fine...if thats starts dropping..look out!!

12. movies27

movies27 Regular member

@LOCOENG ...my decrypter says that too in the last recorded section but why does it only say dvd-rom in the booktype section but dvd+r in the media type of dvd infopro?

13. TY4ever

TY4ever Regular member

@movies27

It's normal because by the media type it means the original format of the disc,i.e DVD+R,which then has been booktyped/converted into DVD-ROM.So in the booktype section it will normally show you DVD-ROM if the booktype is successful.It's a good way to see if your DVD+R has been well set in the DVD-Rom format.

Nothing to worry about.

Vincent.

14. redice

redice Regular member

i'm talking about getting the BenQ 1655 for its LS uses. Is LS any good and is it in color(because last i read on LS it was not even in color)? i already have the 1650.

15. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I've got the HP 640c lightscribe. The backups suck-compatability and coaster reasons,but I use it as a reader and lightscriber.

At first,my ls backups weren't very clear. I had to run them through the scribing process twice. I downloaded an extra utility to help enhance the picture,and looks a lot better. You've got variations of brown/tan/gold-all light and dark. For me,they look ok-have a 3D look to them.

I also use full hub white inkjet and shiny inkjet printable media. The shiny inkjet media looks awesome. The shiny inkjet printables are by far the best looking covers,but not full hubs. The covers I download usually decide how I want my covers printed or scribed-majority being shiny inkjet printable..

I've got a pic of all those types of labeling in my user profile page.The ls in that pic,was before the enhancement.

16. redice

redice Regular member

@ saugmon

are the LS dvd's alot more than the normal dvd+/-r's?

17. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Slightly less than a buck apiece. Usually on sale at stores like bestbuy/office max/office depot,etc. Check out the dvd media room for the weekly sales thread.

It's been a while since I bought any.Probably cheaper now? Verbatim LS is the only ones i'd suggest using. I believe HP LS media is mostly cmags?

18. redice

redice Regular member

ok thanks and i will look into the LS Verbatim. no cmags dvd's for me.

19. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

The LS verb 8X are MCC 003.

20. redice

redice Regular member