1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Benq DW-400 DVD+R/RW Drive problems

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by ganz, Mar 23, 2004.

1. ganz

ganz Guest

my drive will not read any type of discs at all... it worked a few days ago and I haven't used it since then. when I tried to put in a disc to play a movie (28 days later) it wouldn't read it. i tried some regular data cds, and they won't read. what can I do to restore reading functionality, or to make sure that this drive is dead?

EDIT:
    I have the drive working now... no idea why it is working now... but it would just spin up, then stop... it would do this 3 times. Now it seems to be working fine. It read a DVD and a data disc. Anyway, does anyone else have the DW-400A drive, and if so, have you had any major problems with it?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2004
  2. misterdvd

misterdvd Member

Hi,

Have tried the DW400a myself without problems. have you tried putting the DW400A as master alone on the second ide controller. Have you installed the latest chipset drivers if you have a VIA system. Sometimes also updating the firmware will help. have you looked at the benq website at www.benq-eu.com