1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BENQ DW1610 Minimum record speed?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dante2010, Oct 3, 2004.

1. dante2010

dante2010 Member

Hi,

I recently purchased a BENQ DW1610 DVD+/-RW drive. I can't seem to get it to record at any speed slower then 4x tho. This isn't good for my PS2 backups, which should be done at 1x preferably.

Is there any way to get it to burn at a lower speed, or am I stuck always buring at 4x and above??

2. Inraged..

Inraged.. Member

Hi, im sorry i can't help you on that, but i also have the same burner, and im wondering if you were able to burn proper DVD's on a dvdr, cause i can't seem to get a working dvd cd.

3. dante2010

dante2010 Member

Actually it looks like I'll be returning this drive tomorrow. I can't burn anything properly on it. I burn a data DVD and try to read it in the same BENQ drive.. and it doesn't recognize it!

4. Inraged..

Inraged.. Member

Same here :(, i hate benq :(

5. misterdvd

misterdvd Member

The minimal selectable recording speed in Nero is 1x , but also depends highly on the used DVDMedia . Not all DVDMedia allows all speeds. The minimal speed in Sonic recordnow is 2x . The message "I Hate BenQ" is very constructive critisism ... NOT ! Have you even tried contacting BenQ Support for advise ?