1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BenQ Scam Hall of Shame

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by catfreak, Apr 14, 2006.

1. FredBun

FredBun Active member

creaky, the 1650 you mentioned from pcworld, you say they are selling them, does that mean to UK customers only, also, when one finds this drive because I did see some on other sites a while back but they come as a bare product, meaning no cables or software etc. is this the norm when you find one?

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

@FredBun: Yes this applies to UK only. Creaky did state that in his post. Also, these are retail drives, meannig that all the cables and software comes with them. If you buy an OEM drive then you can expect to get the drive and nothing but the drive, with maybe the odd IDE cable.

@cd-rw.org:
    I beleive that there is a "LiteOn-BenQ" already out there. However, I think I'll pass. :)

3. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

cheers Ripper, you saved me some typing, and i'm already done in :)

@cd-rw.org - hi there, long time no speak; no i'm not as up to date as (for instance) the young Ripper lad there, on the very latest burners, i have great luck so far with the Benq's hence why i snapped some more drives up, at £25 it honestly was very rude not to :p

Last edited: Dec 20, 2006
  4. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Heh, it's only 9pm creaks, where's all the energy gone? Time for a spritzer methinks ;-)

And, well what can I say, I'm red hot baby! :)
    /me goes off and "blows his own trumpet" some more! Lol.

Btw cd-rw.org, i forgot to say hey, nto that you know me from here, but know you haven't been around much. :)